Frame sizing question re 11 speed cassette?

nicube
nicube Posts: 175
edited June 2015 in Road general
Hi guys, I currently run a Cube Peloton for commuting, I've pretty much upgraded everything running a 105 group set, changed the wheels etc and I'm aware that the frame is a tad small so thinking about a new frame set and I'm liking the 2015 Specialized Allez frame and forks, not having bought a frameset before I wondered if the spacing at the rear will be the same as the Cube, will it fit an 11 speed cassette, are these sizes all standard? Is that a stupid question? :oops:

Cheers

Nick
LOOK 795 Aerolight Dura ace Di2
LOOK 675 Dura ace mechanical
LOOK 595 105
Cinelli Zydeco

Comments

• sirmol
    sirmol Posts: 287
    The cassette size shouldn't change at all - the only think a frame might prevent is a different wheel size set up. Some frames won't have the clearance to run larger sized tyres. I am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    All "road race" type bikes (for probably the last 20 years if not more) have used, and still use 130mm wide rear dropouts. Older 7 speed road frames were 126mm. SOME road bikes (some tourers for instance) use the MTB 135mm width dropouts so that they can fit MTB groupsets for touring. I'm not sure (despite having one!) if disc rear wheels aren't 135 too.

So in your case it'll all fit :-)
  • nicube
    nicube Posts: 175
    That's great thanks guys 8)
    LOOK 795 Aerolight Dura ace Di2
    LOOK 675 Dura ace mechanical
    LOOK 595 105
    Cinelli Zydeco
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    Nicube wrote:
    Hi guys, I currently run a Cube Peloton for commuting, I've pretty much upgraded everything running a 105 group set, changed the wheels etc and I'm aware that the frame is a tad small so thinking about a new frame set and I'm liking the 2015 Specialized Allez frame and forks, not having bought a frameset before I wondered if the spacing at the rear will be the same as the Cube, will it fit an 11 speed cassette, are these sizes all standard? Is that a stupid question? :oops:

Cheers

Nick
    Bear in mind Cube sizing is smaller than others. I have a Cube Agree 56cm bike and I'm 5'8", but the size is probably about equivalent to a 54cm Specialized frame.