On One Chunky Monkeys

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited June 2015 in MTB buying advice
Anyone use Chunky Monkeys? Are they any good?
I'm thinking of buying a set for an alpine trip so not too worried about weight because I won't be doing an awful lot of big climbs.

Comments

• cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    I love mine, running both front and rear tubeless. I find them really grippy and they love to be ran at a low psi aswell.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I have used them and liked them allot, but I used it in connection with a smorsborg on rear in enduro compound (iirc) excellent tyre for the money went up tubeless first time of asking
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    running one on the front of mine no complaints nice an grippy.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Thanks, they're nice and cheap. I'll give them a try.
  • sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    great grip on everything other than an inch or two of mud, when they become a bit smeary and feel a bit twitchy on the front, however they haven't got the most pronouced side lugs or deepest treat on them. have had a couple and first went up fine tubeless, second was a little more tricky and had to put a tube in first to shape it
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Isn't this the same RMSC who said he didn't go on tyre recommendations but what he knew worked for him? :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    They should be fine for grip but not sure if they were prone to punctures or tears. Never used On One tyres before.