Sundays going downhill

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,871
edited May 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Today is going for a decent run and then off to Llangollen to watch the downhill racing - should be fun

Afterwards will obviously involve the pub

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Llangollen will be carnage if it's wet. Get yourself up in the woods.
    Last time I raced there it went very badly, three broken bones and a nasty scratch on my frame. I was really upset about it, the frame was spotless until then.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    matthew h wrote:
    Today is going for a decent run and then off to Llangollen to watch the downhill racing - should be fun

Afterwards will obviously involve the pub
    I've seen some footage of LLangollen - looked stupidly steep and tricky, so you should be in for a good days viewing :) It's pretty damp here as well but no sign of any bike action other than washing the mud off The Panzer this afternoon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    matthew h wrote:
    obviously

thats like my necessary.

hello cunts.

teeny bit of a hangover but nothing too bad. im full of breakfast and am looking forward to a day of doing the best part of nowt.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon Losers!

Decided on the retirement do last night, and I think it was probably the right thing. The FA cup looks like it was a bit of a walk over, which I kind of expected.

Today, I've been having public announcements made of the CC2CC2, so hopefully more monies will be coming in.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Afternoon all,
    Not done much today, pottering in the garage and fettling car and bikes. Spot of DIY in the house. Managed a shrt ride last night, cut shorter by a call to bbq and booze. Chilling now and got to take my car for an MOT tomorrow, hope I have better luck with that.
  • tlw1
    Llangollen rocks - stupidly steep
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Today involved revision and riding around in lycra. Also, there was a visit to the grandmother, reminded me why I generally steer clear, such an unpleasant and bitter person to be around.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    matthew h wrote:
    Yup - footage from yesterday with the obligatory crashes in the woods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3zM3q6Srk
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Howdy

Did my first 50 mile charity ride today in the mildly moist weather ( mostly wet to pissing it down). Quite chuffed as only managed 35 miles until today. Road event but did it properly on my mtb with SB8's and baggy shorts. Also had a pint and a packet of chorizio crisps at a pub on the way round, much to the discust of the lycra clad roadies as they rode past sucking on energy gels :D

Legs are a bit fooked now though so had a chinese take away and a few more post ride beers. Is it friday yet as the weekends are definitely not long enough.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Yup - footage from yesterday with the obligatory crashes in the woods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3zM3q6Srk

That doesn't do it justice

Also, the tree at 3 mins is no more - at first I wasn't sure if it was ribs that had broken!
  • tlw1
    Llangollen will be carnage if it's wet. Get yourself up in the woods.
    Last time I raced there it went very badly, three broken bones and a nasty scratch on my frame. I was really upset about it, the frame was spotless until then.

Any footage?