Good service from Evans Ride It people

paulwood
paulwood Posts: 231
Having booked a sportive in haste for today forgetting I was working I was resolved to losing my money. However Evans offered to change the booking to another event and have just also refunded the difference in event costs.

With so much choice these days I will certainly do more Evans events

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,644
    They're great value.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Nice to hear. I've attended two ride it events and both have been a delight, low key social and well planned routes, if i had the time i'd do more.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    They always do a 3 for 2 offer in January so I book up the whole year then. Plus my son is free as he is under 16.

So incredible value - they are reasonable price to start with. Much cheaper than Wiggle rides etc.

AND they are much nicer than Wiggle rides etc - the staff are more friendly and there arent so many riders and there arent any idiots (that I have met yet) like on some of the bigger sportives.

I now do as many Evans events as I can and dont bother looking at much else apart from the odd local audax.

Only slight concern is that they seem to be growing because of their popularity, so there are more of them and the numbers have gone up slightly - the guy who organises them said he would like the numbers to go up further but that might spoil their character: 3-400 riders is like a big family whereas the Wiggle ride I did with 3000 riders was horrible, really unpleasant and no wonder the locals in the New Forest dont like them.
  • thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    Big fan of the Evans sportives, though haven't done any this year yet.