Thule bars for Fiesta 2007

johnnymcg259
johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta and am thinking of getting a Thule bike roof rack carrier system for the car; I'm interested in the Thule Sprint system (removing the front wheel of the bike 'pro style' to mount the cycle etc). I'm a bit confused though with all the options/sizes/fittings for the initial Thule roof bars/attachments etc though.
Any help would be welcomed!
Thanks, Johnny

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I have a 2007 Ford Fiesta and am thinking of getting a Thule bike roof rack carrier system for the car; I'm interested in the Thule Sprint system (removing the front wheel of the bike 'pro style' to mount the cycle etc). I'm a bit confused though with all the options/sizes/fittings for the initial Thule roof bars/attachments etc though.
    Any help would be welcomed!
    Thanks, Johnny

Go onto the roofbox website and click on "find your car". The following options come up for a 2007 Fiesta

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehs ... =Roof+Bars

Cruz and Thule to choose from.

Just repeat the exercise for whichever bike carrier type you fancy. The Thule "pro" type is the 561 I believe

http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products/car ... 1-_-561000
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I got specific bars from Ford which were specific to my old focus estate - perfect fit. Other options maybe cheaper but I'd have a look at Ford anyway. This was some years ago.

I then used Thule bike carriers on those bars. I'd recommend Thule stuff more generally - reliable, easy to use & lasts. I went for the system that graps the downtube as I didn't want my wheels in the car as space was an issue on holidays. No issues. Obviously don't overtighten but you could probably say that of anything.

I can also highly recommend care care in Garstang aka http://www.roofboxcentre.com/ ...if you are willing to cross the Pennines! They doo fit everything for you & offer good advice - might not sell on-line though.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • johnnymcg259
    Thanks fellas!
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    To be honest, I would have a look at the SeaSucker Talon. I borrowed one off my friend as I have recently swapped cars and due to constantly swapping company cars, I think I will get one myself.

Took my bike on top of a Mondeo down the M4 to Wales at the start of the month with no issues there or back. Really quick to fit (and store).

He uses his on his Fiesta ST with no issues
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • johnnymcg259
    brettjmcc wrote:
    To be honest, I would have a look at the SeaSucker Talon. I borrowed one off my friend as I have recently swapped cars and due to constantly swapping company cars, I think I will get one myself.

Took my bike on top of a Mondeo down the M4 to Wales at the start of the month with no issues there or back. Really quick to fit (and store).

He uses his on his Fiesta ST with no issues

Thanks for that, had a quick look on-line....interesting method, not seen that before.