Bianchi Infinito CV

t4tomo
t4tomo Posts: 2,643
edited June 2015 in Your road bikes
18056793989_875e39620a_o_d.jpg

Ultegra model with fulcrum racing 5s
Spec as per epic cycles, with conti 4 season tyres.
Very smooth ride, I love it :D
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

Comments

• d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Wow, a modern Bianchi that looks good! Very nice.
  • Nice bike. Mine says hello :) (Ultegra Di with Racing Ones)

20141007_115600.jpg
  • t4tomo
    Nice backdrop and nice bike (flash git with your Di :D:D ) but it does appear that the paint work has bleached white in the sun?
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • t4tomo wrote:
    Nice backdrop and nice bike (flash git with your Di :D:D ) but it does appear that the paint work has bleached white in the sun?

I know white maybe isn't a true Bianchi colour, but there is at least a thin Celeste stripe on the frame :) .

The pic is from last October in Majorca BTW - seems like a very long time ago. Rode the bike there every day for a week and at the end of it I genuinely couldn't think of any bike I'd rather have been riding - just the right blend of comfort, stability, responsiveness and agility.
  • t4tomo
    mine only arrived on Friday - upgrade (well n+1) from the Via Nirone, so only had one decent length ride out on Saturday and a quick test spin on Friday after I'd put it together , but yes very impressed with the blend of comfort yet responsiveness. Seems to climb really well too but then it is a deal lighter than the Via Nirone.

After having had 4 years of a Red Bianchi, bought second hand on spec and value rather than colour, I thought I'd go for the full Celeste experience this time. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    t4tomo wrote:
    18056793989_875e39620a_o_d.jpg

Ultegra model with fulcrum racing 5s
    Spec as per epic cycles, with conti 4 season tyres.
    Very smooth ride, I love it :D

Yum, yum, lovely bike. Although it does make me weep slightly to see that chainset on a Bianchi. The old 5-arm Campag cranks suited the lines of the frames much better IMO.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    that Infinito Cv is on my 'bikes to try out' list - but it would have to be Campag - very nice looker
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • t4tomo
    DKay wrote:
    Yum, yum, lovely bike. Although it does make me weep slightly to see that chainset on a Bianchi. The old 5-arm Campag cranks suited the lines of the frames much better IMO.

I agree, but only Athena is now a traditional "open" looking chainset, Chorus is similarly styled to Ultegra and was going to be £5/600 extra. And you can get Athena model in Celeste, only in black/ celeste or matt black / red, hence it had to be Ultegra. That's said when you riding it you cant see the crankeset and Ultegra does shift very very well.
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    that Infinito Cv is on my 'bikes to try out' list - but it would have to be Campag - very nice looker
    get up to Epic cycles in Ludlow and have at test ride, but be prepared to reach fro your credit card soon afterwards :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Brompton S Type
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
  • DKay wrote:

Agree totally on the looks of the latest chainsets in particular the Shimano Ultegra one. Functionally close to perfection but pig ugly. It is the one thing about the looks of my bike I really don't like.
  • wow that is one beautiful bike !!
  • Infinito cv with Campag' Chorus.

DDEC8086-23A7-4790-BDDA-E53B423EE15E_zpslqgjrram.jpg
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    i like that even more !
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2