Trek Emonda.

bluedog99
bluedog99 Posts: 183
edited June 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,
Is there any forum members who own a Trek Emonda of have ridden one? Just wondering what your thoughts about them are. There seems to be a consensus of reviews that they are decent bikes.
Any info. welcome.
Cheers.
Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.

Comments

• teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Hi,

I have a Emonda SL8 with Ultegra di2. It's a great bike, mainly because it fits me really well (5'11" on a 56cm).
    The frame is relatively light, i'm sure it could get well under 7kg with the right components.

I use it for mainly leisure rides (no racing), but I've also used it for chaingangs and it's fine.

I could spout loads regarding compliance, climbing ability etc, but to be perfectly honest, I bought it because I could try one first at a local bike shop, good warranty and more importantly, it fits great. That's the most important factor imho.

Andy
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • ollie51
    ollie51 Posts: 517
    I work in a shop and had the opportunity to try a bunch of bikes and use our fit jig to try out different position. Ended up with an Emonda SL, made the Tarmac I had before a bit unexceptional.

Great fit, handles nightly, nice and stiff under power. Really impressed with it!
  • Garybarker
    Garybarker Posts: 44
    I have the SL6 and really like it, coming from a Giant Defy it really seems to go uphill a lot better and is a much more forgiving ride for me physically
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    It's a lovely bike, very comfortable and quick, you won't regret buying one.
    I ride an SL6 and love it!!
  • bluedog99
    bluedog99 Posts: 183
    Thanks for the replies, I came across these in Harry Halls in Manchester and was quite impressed. It seems Emonda owners are as well.
    Cheers.
    Rourke 853 Team Pro Custom.
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    I happen to have been on a tour of bike shops today after a trip into London for related shopping, and took the opportunity to look at prospective bikes to buy as my 'proper' road/ racing machine in the next 6 months or so, and the Emonda cropped up in nearly every shop, and the staff rate it quite highly.
    I found out the seatmast doesn't need cutting to your position (more like an inverted seatpost) and the internal cable routing is particularly mechanic friendly and rattle free.

The good news is all of said shops had good test ride policies, with one mentioning an old scheme Trek used to do where you could order one in to 'hire' for a whole say, plus very good lifetime warranty support (and they specifically say you CAN use it with your turbo!!).

They also look very pretty IMO, and I will certainly be testing one once I finally have the funds.
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    Hello..
    I have the SL 8 Dura Ace model and only had one complaint and that was it has a 50/34 front so I was running out of gears but an upgrade to a 52/36 sorted that out.. Fantastic bike..
  • gratziani
    gratziani Posts: 46
    Are they considered to be a race bike or more endurance friendly ?
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    I can only answer for my self but its fantastic on up hill climbs due to its light weight and stable going down hill as well, and I did do a 203km ride about a month ago so distance is not a problem?
    Hope that helps.