Most popular Brakes used

lfcdon
lfcdon Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi All,
I have been a road biker for a few years now and recently bought a mountain bike so I can go on weekends away with a few friends that go regularly. My question to you all is what are the most popular brake systems out there? I ask because I intend to start importing pads to sell (to fund said weekends away) and it would obviously be a benefit to have the largest customer base. I was thinking Shimano and Avid but was hoping for some more experienced input. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers :D

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably Shimano, Avid, Hope and Formula, plus Tektro on cheaper stuff.

But why would I buy cheap pads from you when I can get cheap good pads from Superstar or Uberbike?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Don't forget Hayes.

And whatever comes as standard on bikes.

But you will have a very hard job as the market is very well covered.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    cooldad wrote:
    But why would I buy cheap pads from you when I can get cheap good pads from Superstar or Uberbike?

Aye, there's already a few folk doing that. Some of the cheap ones are pretty neat too; Uberbike have ones with reusable cooling fins, for example. Maybe you could import Shimano pads, recolour their cooling fins in bright fluro colours and sell them as super-mega-enduro pads.