Shimano wide fit

mpie
mpie Posts: 81
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Are they wide in just the toe box or in the heel too? I need room for toes but without getting sloppy heels. Sadly none of the local shoes seem to carry the wide fits.

Comments

• turbo1191
    turbo1191 Posts: 501
    more through the toe box- ive had the same problem finding shoes. needed something with a tight heel, normal fit through the mid and wide at the toe box. Found the best shoe for me was the R320 which I managed to get from merlin for £149.. best fitting shoe ive had.. :)
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    IME Shimano wide fit are still narrower than normal shoes for the same size!
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    I tried Shimano Wide Fit for my wider than normal feet, unfortunately they were no wider than the Specialized I have now so I am going to try Bont Wide fit next. Btw I got the Shimano Wide fit from Wiggle which meant that it was free to return.

The thing is that from the regularity with which people post about wide fit it would seem that we are not the minority that retailers and manufacturers seem to think we are, so it would be nice if we could have more choice.
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    Incidentally if anyone wants a Shimano R087 wide fit in 42 or 43 let me know. I bought both just over a year ago intending to keep whichever fit best and return the other. Unfortunately neither was a good fit for my particularly wide feet. But instead of returning them I forgot all about them and now it's outside their 12 month return window :(
    So, I've 2 unused pairs of wide fit shoes in boxes.
    If one of these would work for you then let me know and make me a half reasonable offer!
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    mpie wrote:
    Are they wide in just the toe box or in the heel too? I need room for toes but without getting sloppy heels. Sadly none of the local shoes seem to carry the wide fits.

the wide fit i have in the r260 are just as wide as an old pair of old Northwaves, before NW went back to being narrower, Shimano are wide across the fore foot rather than just the toes, the wides also seem to size normally rather than having to go up a size.
    i have a very skinny ankles and the top strap secures the heel in place but shoes are a personal thing.
    bike24 in germany do great prices on shimano and free returns BUT you have to ask them for an email-able free returns label as their website suggests you pay.