Back to Work Tuesday. Meh

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited May 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

A shoot night's sleep involving me waking up with a pain across my chest at 3am. I think I pulled a muscle somehow. That sucked.

Hopefully the day goes by quickly enough. I have to go over to Bury tonight to chair a meeting, so that's going to be fun...

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Slow start today as at a local (ish) meeting and someone is picking me up - which is why I drank so much cider yesterday.

Later won't involve the pub!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Morning all,
    Too much walking TKM? And where's the real MattH?
    Getting up for work was rather difficult this morning. There was a lot of gravity in my place this morning that made it very difficult to get out of bed. Nice wobble into work with nobody trying to kill me, the disguise must be working. I suspect today could be a bit manic I suspect, deep joy. But, it's my bosses birthday so cakes should be provided. There will be trouble if not.
    Oh well, tea and biscuits will have to do until then.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    UNusual early start this tuesday. not happy.

Mind you, i am ploughing through the stuff i need to do which is nice.

Im off for a run later hopefully but plan to get out on the bike before the end of the week with any luck.

on the subject of tea and biscuits, i could just go some right now. a trip to the coop may be in order.

What are our favourite contenders for biscuit of the day? im hoing the co op has some gucci raspberry and white chocolate chip cookies for me to gobble down but what would you do given the choice?
  • Mattharrier
    Mattharrier Posts: 173
    Great weekend - lots done on the house, drinks and food out Saturday night, and a bike ride and a barbecue yesterday. Feeling very tired today, though, but work is being less awful than I was expecting.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    What are our favourite contenders for biscuit of the day? im hoing the co op has some gucci raspberry and white chocolate chip cookies for me to gobble down but what would you do given the choice?
    Sounds a bit too fancy for my liking, I'm on bourbons today. I often go for a chocolate chip cookie, but I prefer Sainsbury's own brand to the Maryland ones. Ginger nuts are always good for dunking, same with the biscuits that share the name.
    I've had 2 chocolate eclairs so far, there are more left and I'm sure they are calling me. I've had my sandwiches so they won't spoil my lunch. Or should I go for the custard tart? I do like an obliging tart.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Anyone got a Wiggle voucher I can steal?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    'sup bumders!!!

So today involved revision and bikes and that's about it.

Hopefully be picking up the new mtb later this week if all goes to plan. It's a lame 29er HT thingy, nothing exciting, purely for XC and bikepacking duties with the odd bit of racing chucked in hopefully. Being able to really afford it is dependent on me actually passing finals and starting this job but I'll cross that bridge when I get there, if not then I'll be completely broke and back home sponging off the parents.

I ate a whole pack of chocolate chip cookies today too. They were fancy Maryland ones because I'm back home and didn't pay for them, rate them a 6.5/10 only. One day I'll start paying for my dietary habits with diabetes/obesity...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Evening Twunts,

Unremarkable day at the office followed by a free dinner out with the auditors as a sort of apology for them annoying the dark out of us for the last 7 weeks. Will pedal tomorrow to burn off what I've scoffed tonight, may be a bot painful getting up though.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And where's the real MattH?

My resolve failed
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Back to work? B@@locks to that. Another sunny day on a beach in Jersey. And another one tomorrow, enjoy work bitches.