Call me the Jon Snow of MTB

Dannii
Dannii Posts: 3
edited June 2015 in MTB beginners
Evening all,

Not too sure where to really start with this one but here goes:

Does anyone know of any local (West Midlands) mountain bike clubs/get togethers? (Whilst I'm happy to ride by myself, I just thought it would be less daunting than going alone) :oops:

I'm in the process of purchasing a bike (why is that so hard in itself?!). Would ideally like to be up and running in a couple of weeks...or less.

Basically, I'm a complete novice but I would like to spend my evenings and weekends outside whilst the weather is 'good'. Local rides in the week, off road on the weekends.

Help?

Cheers,

Dannii

Comments

• M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    Dannii wrote:
    Evening all,

Does anyone know of any local (West Midlands) mountain bike clubs/get togethers? (Whilst I'm happy to ride by myself, I just thought it would be less daunting than going alone) :oops:

I'm in the process of purchasing a bike (why is that so hard in itself?!). Would ideally like to be up and running in a couple of weeks...or less.

Basically, I'm a complete novice but I would like to spend my evenings and weekends outside whilst the weather is 'good'. Local rides in the week, off road on the weekends.

Help?

Cheers,

Dannii

It's Jon Snow
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    M9DBO wrote:
    Dannii wrote:
    Evening all,

Help?

Cheers,

Dannii

It's Jon Snow

Have a look in here viewforum.php?f=20007
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    M9DBO wrote:

It's Jon Snow

Or is it.........
  • Dannii
    Dannii Posts: 3
    M9DBO wrote:
    Dannii wrote:
    Evening all,

Help?

Cheers,

Dannii

It's Jon Snow

Sweet as, thank you for bringing this to my attention!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Which part of the WM, it's a big area!

Godiva Trailriders in Cov, or RLSCC in Leamington both have regular weekly rides.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
    If you're local to Cannock Chase have a look on Chase Trails - Follow the Dog facebook group; plenty of people organising rides on there.