End of season Sunday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
Morning Wasters,

As the curtain comes down on one of the best Premier League seasons in a long time :wink: some ofnus will have to find something else to bicker over for the next 12 weeks. And no MOTD till August :( Maybe we should just go andn ride our bikes :shock:

I'll be out amd about this afternoon so will followthe footy on the radio/interweb.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    spin this morning on the CX bike, it needs love, squeaky breaks and noisy chain.

Lunch with a friend later (avoiding the 3 queens in L'pool) then a friends Birthday/engagement party later so I should find a bottle of gin.

Enjoy the day everyone
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Just been spinning round the Milk Race circuit in Nottingham City Centre with 200 other wannabe pro racers (or fat MAMILS if you prefer) - only one crash that I could make out so not too bad a result and actually great fun.

Just need to decide whether to head back in there to watch the men's elite race and have a few beers or be good and spend time with the family/in-laws - who knows?!!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Still feeling the effects of last nights excess at a local music festival, today is watching the gp and then more festival fun
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    sa0u823e wrote:
    spin this morning on the CX bike, it needs love, squeaky breaks and noisy chain.

Lunch with a friend later (avoiding the 3 queens in L'pool) then a friends Birthday/engagement party later so I should find a bottle of gin.

Enjoy the day everyone

"It needs... squeaky brakes and a noisy chain" ? Just don't bother cleaning it for a month or two, that ought to do it.

Have been re-wiring stuff at a local motor racing circuit for my sins but need parts so there will b a delay before we get 5 start lights instead of 2 and floodlights that work. Big toggle switches with relays to deal with the current. If you get a tingle when you put 2 wires to your tongue, you know you have current.

Might be pedalling later despite the head cold. It will either make me or break me.

Pedalling on the Nottingham Ring road... I can think of better places to cycle.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sa0u823e wrote:

Enjoy the day everyone

"It needs... squeaky brakes and a noisy chain" ? Just don't bother cleaning it for a month or two, that ought to do it.

Have been re-wiring stuff at a local motor racing circuit for my sins but need parts so there will b a delay before we get 5 start lights instead of 2 and floodlights that work. Big toggle switches with relays to deal with the current. If you get a tingle when you put 2 wires to your tongue, you know you have current.

Might be pedalling later despite the head cold. It will either make me or break me.

Laters.

Agreed about the Nottingham ring road, fortunately it was a 1.2km circuit bang in the city centre based around the market square if you know it?
  • pinno
    sa0u823e wrote:

Enjoy the day everyone

Laters.

Agreed about the Nottingham ring road, fortunately it was a 1.2km circuit bang in the city centre based around the market square if you know it?

I delivered to Nottingham Town Centre once. All I remember is going around and around the ring road trying to find the right exit. If I remember rightly, it was a bit like a tarmac roller coaster. Is that about right?
  • It's not the best - I suppose us natives just get used to it.
  • pinno
    It's not the best - I suppose us natives just get used to it.

Oh yes, I know - you live in the woods with that Friar wotsisname bloke.
  • It's not the best - I suppose us natives just get used to it.

Oh yes, I know - you live in the woods with that Friar wotsisname bloke.

That's right, we spend most of our time hijacking unsuspecting "out of town" delivery drivers and redistributing the bounty amongst the poor of Nottingham - it's a hoot :D
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    sa0u823e wrote:

Enjoy the day everyone

Laters.

I delivered to Nottingham Town Centre once. All I remember is going around and around the ring road trying to find the right exit. If I remember rightly, it was a bit like a tarmac roller coaster. Is that about right?

Not an unreasonable description. I've visited the place 3 or 4 times now and remember one particularly heated shouting session at my sat nav as I tried to escape. Didn't help that it was December and evening rush hour in the rain so piss poor visibility.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Arrived home. Saw TDV for the first time in 6 weeks (a whole 11 hours) before she flew out to somewhere thousands of miles away. Unpacked kit, spent all day washing, turning the house into a haven of green clothing and ironing. Now eating Bombay mix and drinking white wine before re packing kit and waiting for work to contact.

Looked at a bicycle in the garage though ........ Saddle like a razor blade ........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    ....If you get a tingle when you put 2 wires to your tongue, you know you have current.

Might be pedalling later despite the head cold...
    Did the tingle not get rid of the head cold?

Evening all. Great day involving old friends, beer, family and food with a short muddy ride across a tiny bit of South London.