Any 6ft Bronson owners out there?

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
Looking for some sizing advice on Santa Cruz Bronsons... I'm 6ft and not sure if the large or x-large would be a better fit as I've heard they come up quite small. Buying second hand so not sure I'll be able to test the L and XL together. Ideally I'd run a 40/50mm stem with 750mm bars and I'm kind of "all arms and legs", so I'm leaning towards the XL

Any views would be appreciated though

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Not much help but I am 5'6 and ride a medium. I am averagely proportioned vis a vis legs/arms/body ratios and run a 40mm stem. I am at the bottom end of the sizing range for the Medium, swung a leg over a Small the other day and reckon I'd have been OK on it.

The SC sizing chart is a little odd for the Large in that it only covers a 3 inch spread of height vs 5 inch spreads for all the other sizes. No help at all there then.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    You are probably edging towards an XL if you are long limbed but all depends on how you like your bikes to feel. I'm 5'9" with longer legs and shorter arms and found a medium Bronson with it's longer stock stem felt good for me as a comparison for sizing for my Nomad with a 50mm stem. If I was running a shorter stem like a 35mm then I think a large Bronson would have been a better fit.

The Nomad is a little longer so for me the reach is good but a little short in frame height so I run my saddle high proportionally but as reach is more important for me having a more XC looking setup for the saddle doesn't bother me.

I would try and demo both sizes if possible (doesn't have to be back to back) as it sounds you could be in between sizes for your proportions. A stab in the dark would say you may well end up running a L with a 50mm stem or XL with a 35mm stem in terms of a thought starting point and indicator for ideal reach setup
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I'm 6'1 and found the large Bronson too short and the xl was too long in the seat tube. Neither would fit me, the 5010 was the same so I ended up buying a Transition instead.
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback...