Campagnolo Triple Inner Chainring

dav_safc
dav_safc Posts: 59
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Hi folks, could anyone help...
I have a Champ Triple Chainset which I think works with 9/10 speed.
I needed to replace the inner chainring which was badly rusted.
I got something from LBS which looked a good match.
It isn't so good and would probably lead to some bad chain jams if used. So 2 possibilities:
a) the new chainring is not compatible - in which case I will get TA Zelitos which claims to be Campagnolo compatible
b) I have fitted the LBS product with the wrong face outwards? Is this possible? How do I decide which is the correct way round?

Thanks, David

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Stronglight rings from Spa Cycles are a good budget option.
    If the ring has any stamping / markings these usually face outwards.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I use a Campag Veloce triple chainset, very similar to yours. The inner ring is standard 74 BCD. Any ring of that size diameter will fit. Unlike the outer rings which are 135 BCD, they don't need to be specially Campag sized and you can fit anything down to a 24. I use a TA Zelito 24 tooth 9/10 speed inner ring on my tourer. Works perfectly. As Monty says, look at Spa Cycles. As well as TA rings you can get cheaper Stronglight rings in steel, Dural and Zicral. My TA fits with the writing facing outwards from the bike.
  • dav_safc
    Thanks to you both, really sound advice.
    Enjoy BH weekend.
    David
  • dav_safc
    Got Spa Cycles own brand for £ 10. Works perfect and weighs next to nothing. Good budget option as TA Zelito was at least twice the price. David