London - Stratford upon Avon.

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited May 2015 in Tour & expedition
I am looking to ride to Stratford upon Avon at some point over the summer.

Anyone done this, I am thinking of just taking my time and doing this as an over night rather than one trip (although that is certainly an option). I am happy to pick up a route starting anywhere in London really.

What route should i be looking to take, I don't really want to take busy roads and I'd be looking to avoid to much climbing if it is going to be a day trip.

All advice, good and bad would be appreciated.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    A few miles west of Bicester you can take the Sustrand no. 5 to Stratford, which is stunning and well signed. Just need to find a decent route through west London and the Chilterns, which is not difficult... Butlers Cross-Waddesdon Manor- Brill, all nice stuff
    left the forum March 2023
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I have a route to Oxford, i think i am going to overnight there, Might just pitch a tent in the woods.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    rubertoe wrote:
    I have a route to Oxford, i think i am going to overnight there, Might just pitch a tent in the woods.

That's fine then... from Oxford just follow the Sustrand No. 5. Some bits (probably 3-4 miles in total) are off road, if that's a problem avoid them, otherwise enjoy them
    left the forum March 2023