Where's best to buy from.....service items

gken74
gken74 Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in Workshop
HI All,

I don't have a LBS close by only a Halford and I'm looking to buy some bits to keep in the toolbox for servicing my 2 bikes (2nd hand Boardman Hybrid Pro & 2015 Cube Stereo) so wondering if there is somewhere online that'll supply better items that Halfords (cheaper too is always a plus).

I'm looking to pick up a few bits and peaces...

* Some magic links after reading about them on here for both bikes.
* Replacement brake and gear cable for both, along with doughnuts, outer brake sleeve cover etc.
* Spare tyre inner tubes for both bikes.

I've got a fairly decent tool kit but are there any bike specific tool that I should consider buying to make my life easier when tackling service jobs?

Cheers
G

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    The usual on line retailers stock just about everything you could need; most do free delivery.

Ribble - often cheapest but delivery not the quickest
    Wiggle - free haribo with most orders
    Chain Reaction
    Planet X - often some alarmingly cheap stuff in their sales
    Merlin
    SJS Cycles - handy for Shimano spares
    Probikekit
    etc etc

For the more adventurous, the £:€ exchange rate is making the German online sellers particularly good value at the moment.

Bikediscount.de
    Rose
    4thebike.de etc etc.

Tool wise, a decent set of hex keys, cassette lockring and bottom bracket tools, chain whip, pedal spanner, cable cutters, chain tool. Small crosshead screwdriver.

Set of cone spanners only if you're fettling cup and cone hubs. I'm assuming you have a puncture repair kit with tyre levers?

And a workstand is handy but not essential.
  • Halfords is currently 3 for 2 on everything bike related and will do you Pasrk, Pedro etc for tools and all the different types of cables you can imagine