changing wheels 11 speed ?

bragawd
bragawd Posts: 160
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Hi All...
Just got my new steed and changed my wheels off my old bike onto it, which was 10 speed
So fitted my fulcrum racing quattros (take 11 speed) onto new bike and it wont go onto 28 tooth ring.. do I need the shim that was on the 10 speed as its a 11 speed cassette on new bike or just the limit adjusting .

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    You'll need the single .9mm spacer on the hub and adjust the limit screws accordingly.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Origami02
    Origami02 Posts: 147
    If you're going from 10 to 11 speed, remove the thick(1.75/85mm) spacer to make room for the extra sprocket. Then adjust the limit screws to allow the RD to move over onto the newly added extra gear/sprocket.
    So, leave off thickspacer (1.75/85mm), also leave off 1mm spacer that may have been present on old bike with a Shimano 10 speed cassette.
    Put simply, 11 speed cassette = no spacer(s).

84052-largest_Cassette_Chart_2013_Rev3.png
  • bragawd
    bragawd Posts: 160
    sorry new bike is 11 speed, I
    'm just changing from the so-so wheels to my fulcrums which has an 11 speed hub.
  • Origami02
    Origami02 Posts: 147
    No extra spacers/shims are needed for any 11 spd cassette(see table). So any spacers that were behind the ten speed cassette on your Fulcrums (when they were on the old bike) need to be removed, if you want to be able to use the 28 T cog.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    You've fitted an 11 speed cassette onto the Fulcrums right? If so, no spacers, adjust limit screw, sorted!
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D