Wednespubday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,300
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
Woohoo!
Went out for lunch with the Mrs earlier. Lunch was great, getting there proved rather traumatic. Dangerous van drivers, terrifying learner bus drivers and when I finally got there, intact thankfully, they'd dug up all the bike stands near the deli. Wobbled back slowly along the more scenic route. Full belly and headwind combination made me too slow for the main road. Besides, no great rush to get back to work.

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    AAAHHHHHH its the bogey man!!!!!

Crap ride today, got on the bike around 6.15 and by 6.30 was contemplating turning back. By 6.45 I was ready for turning back. At 7am I decided not to turn back but take a shorter route than planned.

Just one of thse days I think and to make it worse I've had two immunisation jabs, one in each arm and they're aching. I feel sorry for the boy but I think the present I've bought him for having a good parents evening should cheer him up.

Fillet steak for tea which I think deserves a break from this wine free nonsense.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Can I just say that the first post was one of the very best I have ever read.

Snapped a gear cable this morning, luckily i wasn't too far from home so went home spinning faster than usual due to only having the small ring at the front! swapped bikes and when I got to work someone had organised some charity 10K run so the changing room was full (it is pretty cosy even when there is only two people in there!)

After that my day has been ok and got the bonus of riding the better bike home too!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    None of you sell this cycling to work thing.

Work is work, I feel that somebody dropped a porcelain pot on my desk from a great height. Plus side I had a bbq chicken sandwich with parma ham for lunch with a side of starburst
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,479
    Next stop - the airborne pub, followed by the pub in Vienna 8)

Sa0, cycling to work makes perfect sense, it gets you to work at the same time as getting you fit amd saving a few quid. Also wakes you up in time to start working. Even I do it FFS :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    My ride to work is great. I avoid the dreaded Kingston one way system, then I ride through a great big park before passing a load of cars stuck on an A road. The other day I caught my boss on his motorbike and managed to shout "out the way fatty" as I got through a gap he couldn't. It's the quickest way to get to work, less stressful and as Stevo said it wakes you up. What's not to like? Idiots try to kill you on a Sunday ride, communting is no different. Or do you always carry your bike through fields to avoid drivers? :P
  • Stevo_666
    Oh yeah, and it's fun as V68 said above. Even cycling through South and Central London is a good laugh, although as you're near Liverpool I can understand your apprehension :wink: Just think of it as mountain biking where the obstacles are large, metallic and mobile then it starts to be a fun challenge...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Littleborough isn't so bad for cycling, you just need to dodge the bun delivery vans.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    It's the two big hills out of my door before the long flat along with the lack of showers at work that really get me. Used to cycle when I lived near Lancaster for that uni
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    the lack of showers at work that really get me.
    Thought that would help you blend in up in Scouseville?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    sa0u823e wrote:
    It's the two big hills out of my door before the long flat along with the lack of showers at work that really get me. Used to cycle when I lived near Lancaster for that uni

https://muc-off.com/rider-care/72-dry-s ... 59008.html

I've used this in the past. Ok its not as good as a normal shower but it gets you through the day feeling relatively clean.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    the lack of showers at work that really get me.
    Thought that would help you blend in up in Scouseville?

I work in Cheshire remember ;0. Pretty sure Chester is just full of Welsh people trying to be scouse until you hit the gap between the city and certain towns south of Manchester
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy