Michelin pro4 service course on cosmics - easy fit?

JackPozzi
JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Looking for some new tyres for my cosmic SL wheels, currently favour vittoria corsa sc but they are an incredibly tight fit which isn't a huge problem at home but changing a tube at the side of the road is a massive PITA. They're at the end of their life so thinking of the Michelins to replace them, does anyone have any experience of how easy they fit these rims please?

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,035
    My experience of Vittoria Corsa SC (are these the ones marketed as "open tubulars") is that they are loose fit so I don't really know what to say other than I've found Pro4s to be tighter - not the worst but tighter than the Vittorias.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    My experience of Vittoria Corsa SC (are these the ones marketed as "open tubulars") is that they are loose fit so I don't really know what to say other than I've found Pro4s to be tighter - not the worst but tighter than the Vittorias.

Is that on cosmics? I've found the corsas do go on to other rims easily but not these for some reason...
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    I've just put some Pro4s on my Cosmics, replacing the worn out Corsa Cxs. I would say they're both an easy fit. Can't tell you they were comparatively easier though I'm afraid.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,035
    JackPozzi wrote:

Is that on cosmics? I've found the corsas do go on to other rims easily but not these for some reason...

I don't have Cosmics but I have used other Mavic wheels - your experience would suggest your wheels are the culprit rather than the Corsas. If you want something easy fit then try Schwalbe Ultremos if you don't mind the stories about them bulging.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]