Good deal on Veloflex carbon tubs

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Maybe somewhere else has them cheaper but a seller is doing these for 110E a pair in France, or £78, cheapest I've ever seen. 23mm. Great tyres.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    That is good! Link?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Link doesn't work!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I'd only be interested in Records...
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Acycles?
  • bernithebiker
    NapoleonD wrote:
    That is good! Link?

http://www.troc-velo.com/roue-boyau-vel ... 360105.htm

To nip in the bud any accusation of profiteering, I have no connection with this person at all, in fact I'm shooting myself in the foot, as if he sells all of them, there won't be any for me!

I can ask if he'll send to UK.
  • trock-velo is a private sale site, so these will likely be 'unused but second-hand'. Also, the seller might only be willing to post to addresses in France.

I have found the company below to be the best source of tubs and tyres in France. I live here but they have yet to fail to get them to me by the next day even using standard delivery. They are usually posted withing a couple of hours and last time I looked they were the number one rated cycling related on-line dealer in France.

http://www.cycletyres.fr/m-veloflex-47.html
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • njicasetg
    njicasetg Posts: 2
    the seller might only be willing to post to addresses in France.jy4Grj
  • bernithebiker
    trock-velo is a private sale site, so these will likely be 'unused but second-hand'. Also, the seller might only be willing to post to addresses in France.

No, not in my opinion.

Living in France you will no doubt know that 'neuf' means new as in brand new. You can even see the labels on them, so I see no reason why you're not getting a brand new tyre. Troc-velo functions like Ebay and others in that small businesses use it as a portal to sell their wares.
  • bernithebiker
    njicasetg wrote:
    the seller might only be willing to post to addresses in France.jy4Grj

Well we won't know unless we ask will we?

Besides, if there's enough interest I could buy a batch then send them on to the UK.
  • Living in France you will no doubt know that 'neuf' means new as in brand new. You can even see the labels on them, so I see no reason why you're not getting a brand new tyre.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. What I meant was that whilst these should be new, they may well have been bought by someone for their personal use but they didn't use them. To me that still makes them 'second hand'. I doubt they are a dealer seeing they are also selling a pair of used shorts, along with a few other bits and bobs! Also, I would not be surprised if they actually only have 4 tubs to sell.
    "an original thinker… the intellectual heir of Galileo and Einstein… suspicious of orthodoxy - any orthodoxy… He relishes all forms of ontological argument": jane90.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Bit late to the game on this one but ProBikeKit are £59.99

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-tyr ... 62672.html

Is there any difference between the carbon and the criterium other than colour? I've always gone with the criterium for the retro look. Ribble have good prices and an extra 10% off at the moment...

A tub habit is expensive

Edit: Just realised you were quoting the price for a pair, that is good, but maybe not a proper shop as already stated.
  • bernithebiker
    So finally got round to asking; on Friday he had 6. No idea how many were sold before that.

I wasted time, and now he only has 2 left, which I've reserved for 110E.

Shame as I would have taken the 6 and offered out a pair on here at cost....

Sometimes you just have to have faith......!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Do they come in 25's? ;-)