Wilier Cento 1

mfin
mfin Posts: 6,729
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Anyone know of anyone with one of these in this colour they might wanna sell (in Large)?

wilier-cento-1sr-blu-green-2013.jpg

Comments

• Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    mfin wrote:
    Anyone know of anyone with one of these in this colour they might wanna sell (in Large)?

wilier-cento-1sr-blu-green-2013.jpg
    I have seen a couple of these come up over the last year. I agree its a lovely finish. Wilier have lost the plot recently with their colour schemes - to the point that I wouldn't have any of the current crop of bikes vs my Izoard. I think the former distributor ATB had a couple in that colour at one point but prob long gone now. Keep looking on the bay and here - you never know. New colours will be due for the next model year stuff which should be July time according to my local dealer.

One alternative could be to get one custom painted. There was a guy on here got his Izoard repainted and they really made a lovely job of it. It looked stunning albeit not as elaborate a design as that one, however anything is possible (for a price)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12915018
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    ATB have this one in stock at the moment albeit not in that colourway:

https://online.atb-sales.co.uk/p-1359-e ... -2011.aspx

www.salden.nl was a treasure trove of the original Cento Uno but looks like they only have XS, M or XL in some frames.

I like your choice of bike mfin. Great taste sir ;-)
  • mfin
    Thanks guys.... my thinking is to try find a s/h one. I know in Large that the fit will be bang on for me and pretty much slammed with a 120mm stem (preferred for me), many bikes I am in-between sizes. So, I've tried to shortlist bikes that I like and that fit very well, this one keeps coming back and I love the look of it. I want it as a second carbon bike, new prices would be out of the question though because of that.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Keep an eye on eBay both UK and International because there have been a few in several colourways popping up recently. I'm on the lookout for one of the black SLR versions designed for Lampre so I'm always checking on there. They didn't make many so I doubt I'll find one, but I can live in hope.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I've missed something here - are ATB no longer Wilier distributor then?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • mfin
    Keep an eye on eBay both UK and International because there have been a few in several colourways popping up recently. I'm on the lookout for one of the black SLR versions designed for Lampre so I'm always checking on there. They didn't make many so I doubt I'll find one, but I can live in hope.

In large? You might be in luck if you're relatively quick, one mark on this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171785512593
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974

They were when I spoke to them last week.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Dabber wrote:

Exactly what I thought, but further up the thread there's a comment that says "ex distributor"......
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Dabber wrote:

Exactly what I thought, but further up the thread there's a comment that says "ex distributor"......
    I put "former" as I didn't know if they still were "current". I'll try and be more precise :)