Spot the difference

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited May 2015 in Road general
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXPCRFF/ ... d-frameset

and

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXPCRFFD ... d-frameset

surely the same frame? but they have different colours and and sizes in stock and at different prices in some cases! weird!
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    they look like the same frame but there are two different product codes

so as far as the stock system is concerned they are distinct items each with their own quantities in store

maybe the codes indicate a different batch or revision level
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    I'd have one in a flash if I wasn't holding out for discs and the fact that they have horrible curved forks.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    I'd have one in a flash if I wasn't holding out for discs and the fact that they have horrible curved forks.

I know, I can get the blue or white for £250 in my size! thinking of getting it and putting some mudguards on it and using it as a winter/commuter bike! I was kind of holding out for disc brakes too
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Well worth having discs, especially if a winter/commuter bike. I think there may be a pair of road BB7s appearing in the classifieds if the bloke can be arsed to pull his finger out and take a picture. They even come with spare pads.
  • chris_bass
    yeah, I am tempted by their London Road frame, can put discs on that and proper mud guards too.

Probably should sell one of my current bikes first though!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Chris Bass wrote:
    yeah, I am tempted by their London Road frame, can put discs on that and proper mud guards too.

but you won't
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    matthew h wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

but you can't
    FTFY
    Not because of any rules, just because you can't. London Roads seem to be very highly thought of by those that have got them. And they come in bright green. Go on, you know it makes sense.
  • chris_bass
    I think you are both right, each time I have bought a new bike I have every intention of selling the oldest/worst but it never happens!

hopefully the weather will pick up soon so i should have a while to sort out a winter bike!
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Chris Bass wrote:

I know, I can get the blue or white for £250 in my size! thinking of getting it and putting some mudguards on it and using it as a winter/commuter bike! I was kind of holding out for disc brakes too

I bought the blue one a couple of months ago. Very pleased with it, comes with a full carbon fork too. You'd have a job shoe horning mudguards onto it, though.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

I bought the blue one a couple of months ago. Very pleased with it, comes with a full carbon fork too. You'd have a job shoe horning mudguards onto it, though.

Does it have a head set or do you need to install one ? im tempted but i have no spare kidneys .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • By pure coincidence, I've just been watching a two-year-old episode of The Cycle Show I found on my box this morning, and Matt Stephens was testing this as part of a round-up of sub-£1000 bikes (part Ultegra build). So that backs up the 'as seen on TV' claim - he didn't have any particularly insightful observations on it but seemed to like it and suggested it would be a good first race bike...
    Job: Job, n,. A frustratingly long period of time separating two shorter than usual training rides
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Does it have a head set or do you need to install one ? im tempted but i have no spare kidneys .
    You have to buy a headset and a seatpost clamp, neither supplied with the frame