Any taller riders on a Ribble?

Myster101
Myster101 Posts: 856
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Fancy the idea of getting a Ribble using the bike build option. Using their calculations I should be on a 61cm frame (I'm 6'4" with 35' inner leg). Seeing as their frames only go up to 58cm (they do a 59cm but not in the frame I'm wanting) I contacted them and they said I'd be fine on the 58cm with a 120mm stem as tyre designed for 6'2 to 6'4". Anyway, long story but is there any taller riders out there using Ribble frames and if so what sort of size for your dimensions.

Cheers all.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
Ribble 7005 Sportive

Comments

• jaylfc147
    jaylfc147 Posts: 49
    I'm 6ft4 and I've got an R872 with a 54.5 frame (xl) and a 130mm stem. I can't fault it in anyway. I'd initially ordered 105 chainset with 172.5 crank arms and when i picked it up and saw the size of me they changed it straight away for 175 cranks. Really good customer service and the bike is a dream to ride even 100+ mile rides.

Hope this helps

James
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Thanks James, I like the idea of the bike build so was hoping the 58cm would be big enough. Really need to sit on one but going to struggle to get to the shop as it's a bit away from me.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive