involuntary peeing while cycling

whitestar1
whitestar1 Posts: 530
edited May 2015 in Road general
Hi all
So this is a question that is embarrassing but I need to find out. On occasions I will feel drips of pee come out. It's like when I am descending or low on the bar. Is this to do with my saddle?

I have a Cube with a Selle Italia X1 saddle that I am finding this condition on. I don't have recall doing this on my other bike with a Charge Spoon saddle (which I find very comfortable but wont change over as its my commute bike). I am looking into changing the X1 to a Specialize Romin, something with a large cut I am thinking.

Any ideas?
Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
Cube Agree Pro 2014
Triban 7 2013
RockRider 8.0 2011
http://www.whitestar1.co.uk

Comments

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,387
    whitestar1 wrote:
    Hi all
    So this is a question that is embarrassing but I need to find out. On occasions I will feel drips of pee come out. It's like when I am descending or low on the bar. Is this to do with my saddle?

I have a Cube with a Selle Italia X1 saddle that I am finding this condition on. I don't have recall doing this on my other bike with a Charge Spoon saddle (which I find very comfortable but wont change over as its my commute bike). I am looking into changing the X1 to a Specialize Romin, something with a large cut I am thinking.

Any ideas?

Why wouldn't you replace the X1 with a saddle that you know causes you no problems. . . perhaps a Charge Spoon?
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    diy wrote:
    Get your prostrate checked asap

And your prostate whilst you're at it (or your auto-correct) :wink:

But that was my thought: embarrassing as it might be (to you), go see a doc. It might be a welcome early indication of an unwelcome issue. It might also be nothing. But it's far better to have it checked.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    yes get that checked too while you're at it :oops:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    diy wrote:

But that was my thought: embarrassing as it might be (to you), go see a doc. It might be a welcome early indication of an unwelcome issue. It might also be nothing. But it's far better to have it checked.
    This, very much this. Oh, and buy another Spoon they're quite cheap.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Veronese68 wrote:
    diy wrote:

This, very much this. Oh, and buy another Spoon they're quite cheap.

I happen to have a grey Spoon / white rails doing nothing if you'd care to make me an offer. Comfy, but I found the stitching ate my shorts
  • I have almost the opposite problem. Some times I can feel a really good fart building up that I'd like to let out, but can't do it while I'm seated and the legs are pumping (unlike the sphincter). Is that just me?
    Job: Job, n,. A frustratingly long period of time separating two shorter than usual training rides