Giant defy 1 stretched

Martylou
Martylou Posts: 34
edited May 2015 in Road general
I have now been riding a few months on my defy 1 in a medium, changed my stem to 90 flipped over .. still stuggling a bit with this never seems comfy riding on the hoods tried various bar positions,,, got my size slightly wrong in previous post height 5"7 .5
with a 30 inside leg.. still wondering if bike to big, better off on a small defy ?? .. like the bike, fit seems problem, if there are any riders out there riding a small same height etc as me

Cheers

Comments

• Sutton_Rider
    Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
    I'm same size / height as you and I was measured for a small Defy 1 (2015). I use a 60mm stem, but that maybe I am more comfortable in a more upright position, I don't race, I'm 63. We looked at the medium, but it was just a bit too big, the reach was the main problem.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    I''m a tad taller than you, though have longer legs/arms and find the medium Defy with 100mm stem fine for me. It's not just your height and inside leg measurement, arguably your reach to the bars is more critical, so you may well be better with the small frame, did you try the small bike before you deciding on the medium, or did you buy the bike second hand?

As Sutton Rider suggest you can try a shorter stem and see how you get on, ultimately though if the top tube is to long the bike will not be nice to ride.

Edit. Just read your other post in Road Buying Advice and assume this was a sale bike and there was not a small framed bike for you to try?