Three days in wales - what would you recommend?

jimmyD8
jimmyD8 Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in Holidays
Hi

Coming over to the UK in July (from Oz) and hoping to spend 3 days around South Wales (or thereabouts, e.g. FoD) with my brothers. Given varying degrees of fitness and wanting to pack as much riding in as possible, we are after some uplift support (two of us are over 50). We ride pretty hard for old folks, but we won't be looking for huge jumps or hardcore downhill runs (but love table tops). We have pencilled one day in for Bike Park Wales. Any suggestions for the other two days (wanting to keep travelling to a reasonable level). We are happy to spend two days at one park if it's worth it.

I love Rotorua (and always take the uplift), so anything like that would be awesome.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers
Jim

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I think you have it covered in your post - BPW and FoD, but add in Cwmcarn as well.

In FoD you should be able to do the Verderers' Trail, Freeminer Trail and a few downhills in a day.

Cwmcarn is a bit restricted at the moment due to tree felling operations but the Cafall Trail is fully open and both downhill courses are open. It's worth checking for any planned closures though.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • jimmyD8
    jimmyD8 Posts: 3
    Thanks JBA, much appreciated.