Tinkoff wants to cut Sagan's salary

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited May 2015 in Pro race
@friebos 1h1 hour ago
Tinkov to @cirogazzetta: 'If I can find a way to do it legally, I'd like to cut Sagan's salary.'

@friebos 1h1 hour ago
As mentioned in @cycling_podcast, Tinkov clearly of opinion that Sagan's deal is part of Riis's (unwanted) legacy.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And his team is a toy, and he might get bored with his toy and throw it away.

Good times.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    The first cut is the deepest so he'll be ok.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    Thought Oleg was the one who had been desperate to sign Sagan in the first place? The bloke's a complete moron.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Pross wrote:
    Thought Oleg was the one who had been desperate to sign Sagan in the first place? The bloke's a complete moron.
    He's seen as one of The Riis boys that's mainly why he wants rid of him
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    It was interesting that Peter said in the press earlier this week (I think) in reply to criticism from Oleg that he would rather reply to him in person, face to face, and not through the media. I get the impression that Peter has little interest in taking any sh!t from Oleg and would be quite happy to tell him * "go fook yourself, keep your damn money, I'm off."

DD.

* Sagan may or may not say these words in the future! :lol:
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    It was interesting that Peter said in the press earlier this week (I think) in reply to criticism from Oleg that he would rather reply to him in person, face to face, and not through the media. I get the impression that Peter has little interest in taking any sh!t from Oleg and would be quite happy to tell him * "go fook yourself, keep your damn money, I'm off."

DD.

* Sagan may or may not say these words in the future! :lol:

Pretty sure he would have plenty of offers on the table if he were to leave.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    I get the impression that Peter has little interest in taking any sh!t from Oleg and would be quite happy to tell him * "my agent and lawyer tell me the contract means you owe me $xmillion and that's what you're going to pay me if I ride for you or not."

FTFY
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Fortunately, wealthy egomaniacs like Tinkov have no interest in politics and focus their attention on more important matters, like sport.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.