2015 Mk2 Orange Five Charcoal Grey. It's HERE!

M9DBO
M9DBO Posts: 175
edited June 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Landed yesterday. Went of a very quick ride last night. First impressions are pretty good. I'm really pleased with the colour and the shocks feel very very smooth.

OrangeFiveMk2_3_zpsnzp60g9y.jpg
OrangeFiveMk2_2_zpsaxaegaix.jpg
OrangeFiveMk2_1_zpsdd6nocpv.jpg
I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Looks a lot nicer than the old Five.
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Love it! The colour is fantastic & i love the new shape tubing they're using.
  • M9DBO
    cubedean wrote:
    Love it! The colour is fantastic & i love the new shape tubing they're using.

Cheers, Yeah i agree. I'm loving the look of it.
  • The new frame is so much sexier than the old five. That is a very nice bike.
  • M9DBO
    The new frame is so much sexier than the old five. That is a very nice bike.

Thanks Mike. It's been a long time coming. Wanted one for years.
  • rockmonkeysc
    This must be a record. An Orange Five on here more than 24 hours with only positive comments.
    Does it ride as nice as it looks?
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Looks like it has some pretty slack angles. Love the colour too
  • Looks great.. congrats
  • M9DBO
    This must be a record. An Orange Five on here more than 24 hours with only positive comments.

I'm sure some negative comments will come. I love it and yes rides really well. Getting used to the smaller size M, as I've been riding my friends 20" Orange Five for 8 months. That felt HUGE and this feels a little cramped at the moment. Raising the seat on each ride and have adjusted the seat back a bit. Starting to feel spot on.
  • M9DBO
    Looks great.. congrats

Cheers Panda
  • M9DBO
    Two rides and the second abandoned after 10 minutes. Front shifter won't change up. Tried tightening the cable but still won't bite. Done some slight adjustments with the crub screws and just can't get it right. Having to take the bike back to Bradford this morning. So p*ssed off.

Is the standard gearing worth upgrading because I cannot believe I've bought a £3k bike and have to take it back in for ths type of adjustment after ONE ride.

Any advice most welcome before I throw the bloody thing in the river.

Michael.
  • cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Sounds like cable stretch to me, which is to be expected.
  • M9DBO
    cubedean wrote:
    Sounds like cable stretch to me, which is to be expected.

Yeah understood but after one ride? Can I buy non-stretchy cables? :roll:
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Some need for maintenance is normal, as everything settles it will be needed too. The screws on the mech will be adjusting the limit of movement, the shifting between rings will be controlled by the cable tension and the barrel adjuster on the changer itself. They are technically easy to set up but do require a fair degree of patience to get shifting spot on.
  • M9DBO
    Antm81 wrote:
    Some need for maintenance is normal, as everything settles it will be needed too. The screws on the mech will be adjusting the limit of movement, the shifting between rings will be controlled by the cable tension and the barrel adjuster on the changer itself. They are technically easy to set up but do require a fair degree of patience to get shifting spot on.

Thanks Ant, I think I need to chill out a bit. Patience I do not have in abundance. Heading ovet to the LBS for adjustment this morning, Think I may need some retail therapy.
  • M9DBO
    Fixed. Drama over.
  • emseens
    emseens Posts: 146
    I work at bicycle store. We offer customers first free service, where we adjust gears and tighten bolts. Everything is new and sits in place after first ride.
    So, more riding, less complaining...
  • This must be a record. An Orange Five on here more than 24 hours with only positive comments.

Tbh, i thought your 1st comment was sarcasm... :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc

I genuinely like the looks of this model, it's a real improvement. I still wouldn't buy one because I don't like simple, non linkage driven single pivot frames. Same reason I wouldn't have a Santa Cruz single pivot.
  • Craig24
    Craig24 Posts: 150
    Wow that is sexy! Love the colour
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Nope to me new one still looks like a girder.

Not ridden the new one though so cant comment on that.

But as a plus as I like to balance my comments with negative to positive, I like the colour over what a lot of people seem to have with the orange bikes..
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068

I genuinely like the looks of this model, it's a real improvement. I still wouldn't buy one because I don't like simple, non linkage driven single pivot frames. Same reason I wouldn't have a Santa Cruz single pivot.

I used to love the feel of my old Patriot and Heckler, there was an added acceleration out of the corners under power due to the suspension it used to feel to me. But my Bronson is a much better ride overall!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.