Zwift which Garmin ANT USB adapter can I use

banditvic
banditvic Posts: 549
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Zwift seems to be free at the moment and was going to give it a try. Question is which ANT device do I need to plug into laptop, seen some for under a tenner on fleabay but they say they are for foreruner I have a Garmin 800. Don't really want to spend £30 to try it out.

Comments

• handful
    handful Posts: 920
    The best one to get is one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suunto-Mini-Move-Stick-Black/dp/B0050GL5GM/ref=sr_1_1/275-2469037-5998120?ie=UTF8&qid=1431798423&sr=8-1&keywords=suunto+movestick+mini

Nice and small. hardly sticks out at all so won't get broken. Works with Zwift fine and Trainerroad.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Cheers for that don't really use turbo in the summer and Zwift will be chargeable by the time winter comes around, so £16 is worth a try.
  • handful
    Zwift is ok but needs work to make it attractive to subscribe. I've had access for quite a while but tend to gravitate back to Trainerroad, but like you not when it's nice enough to go out! Worth a try though because it is clever!
    Orbea Rise
  • I despair at people who pay to work out on a turbo trainer.

But yes, get a Movestick
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • handful
    I despair at people who pay to work out on a turbo trainer.

But yes, get a Movestick

Why? during the winter it's a great way of getting some structured training in. I know people poo poo Virtual Power but I find it quite consistent, not really bothered if it's accurate. I'm sure are things you pay for that others despair at.
    Orbea Rise