(Almost) New to Mountain Biking !!

MrBikerPanda
MrBikerPanda Posts: 47
edited August 2015 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,

So after approx 17 years I decided to get a Mountain Bike for mainly 2 reasons:

1. Experience once again the fun I used to have riding my bike (alone or with friends) and the feeling of 'freedom'..
2. Help me change my lifestyle which is eating healthy, train and loose weight.

So earlier this week went to a local store and decided on an Orbea mountain bike. Being a basic bike, its nowhere near the awesome bikes I've seen in these boards but for what I'm looking for it does the job perfectly. It is a solid bike and offers a decent ride.

Below are some (poor quality) pics take today, on my 1st ride with the bike..

20150516_172522_zps5hk46bvb.jpg

20150516_172450_zpsypk5diut.jpg

20150516_172509_zpsgkttvhl7.jpg

Comments

• wide phil
    wide phil Posts: 51
    Well for the 2 reasons you say to want a bike, that bike is "awesome"
  • wide phil wrote:
    Well for the 2 reasons you say to want a bike, that bike is "awesome"

Just came back from my 2nd ride and which further confirmed I am out of shape.. Need to build stamina !!
  • planning on changing stock pedals..Any suggestions on which set of Pedals to get?

or should I get first proper cycling shoes?
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Superstar do some good pedals, same as the nukeproof ones but usually a tad cheaper.

This thread should throw up a couple of ideas plus a decent discount code for superstars delta pedals viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=13028906
  • Antm81 wrote:
    Superstar do some good pedals, same as the nukeproof ones but usually a tad cheaper.

This thread should throw up a couple of ideas plus a decent discount code for superstars delta pedals viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=13028906

thanks for the tip..
  • wide phil
    If you're a flat pedal fan you wont go far wrong with nukeproofs. Awesome
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    wide phil wrote:
    If you're a flat pedal fan you wont go far wrong with nukeproofs. Awesome

You're going over the top with 'awesome', the Grand Canyon can be described as awesome.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • wide phil
    Don't think so butt... each to their own, but for the money they are awesome. Had more expensive flats, and on the jumps at BPW and drops on Blade trails they are amongst the best Ive had.
  • I will give a look to both brands and see which interest me most..
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Nukeproof and superstar pedals are identical for some models, with superstar being cheaper usually due to the direct selling.

I think some superstar's newer pedals may be slightly different now but again they are the same style so very little in them.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    wide phil wrote:
    Don't think so butt... each to their own, but for the money they are awesome. Had more expensive flats, and on the jumps at BPW and drops on Blade trails they are amongst the best Ive had.

So you don't think the Grand Canyon in the USA is awesome.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:
    wide phil wrote:

So you don't think the Grand Canyon in the USA is awesome.

I'm sure any MTB biker would love to ride in Grand Canyon... such a unique location !!
  • wide phil
    Im sure the Grand Canyon is very awesome, but do one on pickiness of use of language. If that's the best you find to do with internet life then pity you buddy
  • Dwabo81
    Dwabo81 Posts: 8
    Out of interest, what type of phone / frame pannier bag is that (and where from)
    ta
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nice beginner bike there.
    How did this turn in to an argument about whether the Grand Canyon is more Awesome than Nukeproof pedals?
    Not a fan of flat pedals myself, Shimano XT SPD's for everything from xc epic rides to downhill racing. Thinking of trying some HT pedals soon though.