Cosmic Carbone SLE
Raceware Direct Garmin Mount
Elite Bottle Cage
Weight: 7.2kg

can1_zpspic1pnml.jpg

can2_zpshommuqtl.jpg

can3_zpstkcwgy5h.jpg

can4_zps2dtqowu7.jpg

Still a few tweaks to do to my position but can't wait to get a proper ride on it

Comments

• ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    like it! i do like the look of canyons
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Whats the opinion of the integrated bar/ stem and is that lizard skins bar tape?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Simply Like!
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Oh man that is nice! Congratulations op ☺
  • madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    Whats the opinion of the integrated bar/ stem and is that lizard skins bar tape?

I haven't properly rode the bike yet, only up and down the street so can't really give an opinion yet. Should get a longer run out on it this week so I'll let you know then.

Nope its not lizard skins, standard canyon bar tape that came with the bike. I do have black lizard skins bar tape to change it when I make sure everything is ok with the bike.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Looks slick !!! Let us know how it rides.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    amaze balls...
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    I really want one of these....Well done, well Jel!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Got to be one of the best quality out-of-the-box bikes out there
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    I'm liking that a lot!

But then I would say that as my Aeroad is due to be shipped next week. So so excited!
  • Such a beauty !!
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    This is the nicest canyon I've seen. Very nice
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Kevo27
    Kevo27 Posts: 95
    Nice, bit biased as I have the SLX 8.0 Di2. Question how is the garmin mount,was looking for a mount to use on these bars. Pleased with mine they are awesome and quick!

Enjoy!
  • madden2011
    Kevo27 wrote:
    Nice, bit biased as I have the SLX 8.0 Di2. Question how is the garmin mount,was looking for a mount to use on these bars. Pleased with mine they are awesome and quick!

Enjoy!

The mount has to be in the right position or when you hit rough roads it can rattle and move along the bar. Done 120 mile on the aeroad today, first proper ride on it, over some rough road and it did move a bit but was able to push it back into place. I did tweet racewear direct after my first ever ride as it rattled totally loose and had to take it off. They sent me a photo where it should be and they might be doing a twin clamp mount.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    A good build... dont know how you are going to personalise it tho' ;-)
    What I do like is your honesty about the weight... too many on here use bathroom scales that are normally sold to those with BMI >30 in order to get some notional and irrelevant sub 7kg figure.
  • madden2011
    JGSI wrote:
    A good build... dont know how you are going to personalise it tho' ;-)
    What I do like is your honesty about the weight... too many on here use bathroom scales that are normally sold to those with BMI >30 in order to get some notional and irrelevant sub 7kg figure.

Haha, those luggage scales come in handy sometimes
  • Update

11947434_10207538382394723_5658669904095239701_n_zpsqznp8ge5.jpg

Done around 1500 miles on it now, took a while getting my fit bang on but seem to have got it eventually. The Aeroads are a bit of a head turner. It is super stiff and can be quite punishing on the body on long rides sometimes especially over bad roads.

Changed the bar tape and swapped the saddle. Have to say I love it, but it will soon be going into hibernation for the winter
  • Jeze! That's some saddle to bars drop.
    Its a nice looking bike though tbh........
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Wow that is beautiful bike! Getting measures for one this week can't wait
  • BH G6
    BH G6 Posts: 11
    First of all you have an amazing bike there, love the canyon's .

Have you ever ride those wheels on rainy days? How did it end?

Cheers
  • First of all you have an amazing bike there, love the canyon's .

Have you ever ride those wheels on rainy days? How did it end?

Cheers

Haven't been out on full on wet days but been caught in prolonged shower or 2 and the wheels and braking were fine.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    Update

Done around 1500 miles on it now, took a while getting my fit bang on but seem to have got it eventually. The Aeroads are a bit of a head turner. It is super stiff and can be quite punishing on the body on long rides sometimes especially over bad roads.

Changed the bar tape and swapped the saddle. Have to say I love it, but it will soon be going into hibernation for the winter

Can i ask what size frame that is and how tall you are?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • Update

I'm 6ft and that's a medium frame. It was based on entering my measurements in Canyons PPS on the website. It's taken a while but I think I have the fit spot on now
  • I've got the same bike and am the same height. I've got a large. I don't have anywhere near the seat to bar drop that you have, but then I've found mine to be more comfortable on longer rides. It's a long frame and I've got a long torso with shortish legs. I guess you have an inseam of 33 inch?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Update

Can I ask if I can pop round and lick your bike? It's lovely. Very, very well done that man.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Make sure you don't get one that's too small for you like the OP did and end up with a ridiculous saddle to bars drop. :D:D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Matthewfalle
    Make sure you don't get one that's too small for you like the OP did and end up with a ridiculous saddle to bars drop. :D:D

Tosh. Utter tosh.

Nothing wrong at all with that saddle/bars drop: same as mine.

Seemed that he may have the same dimensions as me - 6'1, all legs, short torso/arms. Like a wildly intelligent and witty giraffe.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • TerryCTR
    TerryCTR Posts: 143
    Nice bike, and quite right to wrap it in cotton wool over the winter.
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2
  • Matthewfalle
    I would just like it known that thanks to this stupid thread I have now decided to financially cripple myself get one of these.

Somehow.

Anyhow.

It will be mine.

Right, private contractor work, here we come. If you see me again it will be astride one of these.

I neeeeeeeeeed it.

B'stards, the lot of you. But in a nice way.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • TerryCTR
    TerryCTR Posts: 143
    :lol: it will be worth it in the end
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2