Saturday is allright for...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,340
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
...going to a Toots birthday party with a bouncy castle and noise at the local leisure centre, complete with fizzy drinks, sugary foodstuffs and junk. May take ear plugs.

What happened to Birthday party's being low key affairs, pinning the tail on the Donkey and running around someone's back garden? "Lets spend more money than such n such and have an 'amazing' party for little Penelope", in a ridiculous attempt at one upmanship :roll:

Laters (If I survive).
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    ....at a fundraising bash supervising the darts stall so wont be long before an overexcited kid sticks a dart in the back of somebody's head. On the plus side the Spanish stall next to me has several nice Spanish MILFS serving on it so I've already bought a fair bit of tortilla, hamon and sangria :)

Onwards to more sangria which is making the MILFS look even better...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Usual kids' swimming lesson logistics torture but off out to a nice restaurant tonight for Mrs' birthday
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    ...going to a Toots birthday party with a bouncy castle and noise at the local leisure centre, complete with fizzy drinks, sugary foodstuffs and junk. May take ear plugs.

What happened to Birthday party's being low key affairs, pinning the tail on the Donkey and running around someone's back garden? "Lets spend more money than such n such and have an 'amazing' party for little Penelope", in a ridiculous attempt at one upmanship :roll:

Laters (If I survive).
    There are kids called Penelope in Stranraer? Did they take a wrong turn somewhere?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Been out on my first mountain bike ride this morning. Whilst I have to admit it was (for the most part) good fun, I can honestly say it's the first time I have found going up hills a damn sight easier than going down 'em :shock:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Been out on my first mountain bike ride this morning. Whilst I have to admit it was (for the most part) good fun, I can honestly say it's the first time I have found going up hills a damn sight easier than going down 'em :shock:
    Nice one. Quoted for when certain people come on here making out how easy downhill must be and moaning about the use of vans :)

Another convert to The Dark Side? Have you bought yourself a mountain bike CB?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    1st sportive of the season, 72 miles later and a rather nice steak, chips and egg and a alcohol haze and I'm just about to nod off....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Had a few Ciders at a charity do earlier. Off to pub laters for a few more.
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Nice one. Quoted for when certain people come on here making out how easy downhill must be and moaning about the use of vans :)

Went out with a roadie mate (who swings both ways) and his MTB chums on a borrowed bike for a bit of something different!
    At least I rode up the hills :wink:
    But have to confess, I walked down a few :oops:
    Not sure I'll be rushing to buy a MTB...........well, not just yet!!??
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Laters (If I survive).
    There are kids called Penelope in Stranraer? Did they take a wrong turn somewhere?

Think it was something to do with a kidnapping that went wrong.
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

Went out with a roadie mate (who swings both ways) and his MTB chums on a borrowed bike for a bit of something different!
    At least I rode up the hills :wink:
    But have to confess, I walked down a few :oops:
    Not sure I'll be rushing to buy a MTB...........well, not just yet!!??
    Yet...it is quite addictive.

And TBH if that's your first outing then no shame in walking a few bits, especially if the MTB boys were out to 'scare the roadie' :) Were you at a trail centre or just doing natural trails?
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:

And TBH if that's your first outing then no shame in walking a few bits, especially if the MTB boys were out to 'scare the roadie' :) Were you at a trail centre or just doing natural trails?

Bit of natural stuff up and around Rivington. At my age, all I could think was 'a walk fo shame down a rocky hill was preferable to a ride in an ambulance to Bolton Infirmary!' :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Bit of natural stuff up and around Rivington. At my age, all I could think was 'a walk fo shame down a rocky hill was preferable to a ride in an ambulance to Bolton Infirmary!' :lol:
    The falls are usually less painful than you think as long as you're wearing a bit of padding :) I have only ever fractured a finger downhilling / mountain biking but have bust a few ribs and concussed myself on the road, so stay safe on go mountain biking :P
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The falls are usually less painful than you think as long as you're wearing a bit of padding :) I have only ever fractured a finger downhilling / mountain biking but have bust a few ribs and concussed myself on the road, so stay safe on go mountain biking :P

I've had big crashes on both!
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Some real and some not so real.
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, suckers :D
  • pinno
    '...helicopter...' ROFL
  • tlw1
    '...helicopter...' ROFL

rhohipnal often facilitates love?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    matthew h wrote:
    '...helicopter...' ROFL

Don't know about that, but I believe it can make you wake up with a sore ar5e. :shock:
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    '...helicopter...' ROFL

Don't know about that, but I believe it can make you wake up with a sore ar5e. :shock:

Did you wake up next to a footballer?
  • ballysmate
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    '...helicopter...' ROFL

Did you wake up next to a footballer?

Yep!

0f7cb31bc96567079d5c18efb9d22e82.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Good pic Bally. A google image search on 'Tatiana Ramos' throws up some nice results...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good pic Bally. A google image search on 'Tatiana Ramos' throws up some nice results...

She needs to sort out the holes in her socks
  • ballysmate
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I was thinking of her holes, but never even saw her socks. :shock:
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Looked at them to distract me from her hemroids
  • ballysmate
    matthew h wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, it looks a big un. Poor cow can't even sit down properly
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, it looks a big un. Poor cow can't even sit down properly
    :lol:

I could suggest somewhere for her to sit.