Campag Ergo Lever Problems

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited May 2015 in Workshop
I had a wee spill a couple of weeks ago that snapped the shifting lever off my right hand Record Ergo Lever. It's the old style shape and 10 speed from (i think) 2007. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just swap the new style Centaur ones from my 2nd bike on". Then I discovered the gear cable in the left hand centaur had frayed so badly I couldn't get it out short of dismantling the lever. I'm now riding on mismatched shifters, left old stlye record, right new style centaur.

So, question 1. Is there anything that will reliably bond the shift lever back onto my Record shifter?
2. Is there anywhere that sells singles of the old models?
3. What's the best way to remove the cable from the left hand centaur shifter?
4. What was that shop in the midlands that used to service ergo levers?
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I had a wee spill a couple of weeks ago that snapped the shifting lever off my right hand Record Ergo Lever. It's the old style shape and 10 speed from (i think) 2007. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just swap the new style Centaur ones from my 2nd bike on". Then I discovered the gear cable in the left hand centaur had frayed so badly I couldn't get it out short of dismantling the lever. I'm now riding on mismatched shifters, left old stlye record, right new style centaur.

So, question 1. Is there anything that will reliably bond the shift lever back onto my Record shifter?
    2. Is there anywhere that sells singles of the old models?
    3. What's the best way to remove the cable from the left hand centaur shifter?
    4. What was that shop in the midlands that used to service ergo levers?

Mercian Cycles might be worth a call.

http://www.merciancycles.co.uk/contact-us

I know they used to be the "go-to" place for all things Campag related including spares and servicing. Not entirely sure if that is still the case but might be worth checking them out.

Who knows - they might have a single shifter lying around in their parts bin!!!
  • mattbell
    mattbell Posts: 203
    Email Graeme: http://www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk/contact.shtml

He's the man for Campag stuff. He'll tell you if there is a spare part you can order.

Otherwise I've ordered one off eBay to get the parts from.