Synapse Carbon

Drax32
Drax32 Posts: 25
edited May 2015 in Workshop
I bought my Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 a couple of months ago and its just had its free service this week. Yesterday I noticed a small crack/split in the frame near the front derailleur cable exit point . When I'm using the the large gear on the front their is a lot of tension on the front derailleur cable which presses up against the frame exit point, I'm sure this has caused the frame to split or crack. When the bike had it free service all cables were re-tightened.
I've informed my LBS and Cannondale UK and awaiting a reply but any advice on this issue would be appreciated.

Comments

• noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    Cant imagine there would be enough force going through the cable to crack the frame, and if there was i wouldnt imagine the gears would change smoothly. It looks like a manufacturing defect to me, in which case i would want it replaced although it doesnt look like it would cause any problems to me.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • blackpoolkev
    blackpoolkev Posts: 474
    Like a stiletto heel exerts more force than an elephant' foot, that over-tense cable could cause untold damage.

Assuming you haven't fettled the bike in any way that could have caused this crack-
    Take pictures, note dates, keep records of communications. Cannondale and/or the bike shop that serviced your bike should value their reputation to the point that they will be happy to replace the damaged/faulty product.
    Be forceful but polite.