Contador disappointment and then the start Stage 7

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited May 2015 in Pro race
Cycling legend Alberto Contador's attempt to become the first rider since Marco Pantani in 1998 to complete the Giro d'Italia-Tour de France double was dealt a severe blow on Thursday after the Spaniard fell heavily towards the end of the sixth stage from Montecatini Terme to Castiglione Della Pescaia.

http://d2ride.co.uk/News-and-Blog.php

Neat vid of him starting stage7, the girl with the brolly is brilliant, so professional;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZiGYBNkjow

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I could have sworn there was already a thread that covered this.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    So you have a blog then?
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • salsiccia1
    Nope. What difference does that make?
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Not you...
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • salsiccia1
    Oh, you were making a similar point to me :oops:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Odd choice of photos on that blog. Didnt realise Pozzo rode for that team though so learnt something there.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RideOnTime
    63u5ud.jpg

Favoured photo of Contador with Tichie, they look so happy, but unfortunately doctored to add Alan Sugar... don't know why... must be a license thing.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah when Titchie weighed 70kg instead of his 57kg.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667

And Bert was definetly on the gear
  • Great thread
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788

You seem to knock a kilo off every time you mention his weight!
    Where do you get the info? I think he's pretty much the same weight to height as the other guys.
    And it's not a crime you know ( ok, it is in your eyes). Mind you I'm 58kg......
  • RideOnTime
    inseine wrote:

Where do you get the info? I think he's pretty much the same weight to height as the other guys.
    And it's not a crime you know ( ok, it is in your eyes). Mind you I'm 58kg......

Sure you're not 57kg, or 56kg.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RideOnTime
    55 kg...
  • frenchfighter
    inseine wrote:

He was quoted by Kerrisson at being 58kg and losing 5kg over the Winter. Given the demands of a three week race then 57kg or even lower is a distinct possibility.

Nothing wrong with weighing 57kg although going from a light 63kg to 58kg is a bit much. It is more an issue that you theoretically should not be able to drop that weight and rip people to shreds in a TT. I mean what would you think if Rujano (similar weight) turned up and put minutes into Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    inseine wrote:

He was quoted by Kerrisson at being 58kg and losing 5kg over the Winter. Given the demands of a three week race then 57kg or even lower is a distinct possibility.

Nothing wrong with weighing 57kg although going from a light 63kg to 58kg is a bit much. It is more an issue that you theoretically should not be able to drop that weight and rip people to shreds in a TT. I mean what would you think if Rujano (similar weight) turned up and put minutes into Contador.
    The way you're talking it sounds like the TT has already happened! Could we possibly wait until we see the actual results before talking about how Porte ripped everyone to shreds?
  • RideOnTime
    adr82 wrote:
    inseine wrote:

The way you're talking it sounds like the TT has already happened! Could we possibly wait until we see the actual results before talking about how Porte ripped everyone to shreds?

I heard when he woke up this morning he weighed in at only 54kg. :shock: :shock: