Planet X London Road Owners - Advice Please

Octopus1
Octopus1 Posts: 56
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I'm about to buy a new winter bike and am interested in the London Road. Can anybody give me an idea of the sizing of the medium ? The stack and reach values look wrong on the website. I'm 5'10, short legs and longish torso and typically have bikes with 383mm to 387mm reach (54cm Supersix and 56cm Secteur).

The London Road looks ideal, as I want discs and have SRAM on both my other bikes. Is it worth going for the Rival version or should I just get the argento at £649. I'd love the hydraulic disc version but cannot justify it for a winter bike.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "I'd love the hydraulic disc version but cannot justify it for a winter bike"

Think of it as a winter and wet weather bike instead. I can't think of a better reason to go for hydraulic discs myself.

Despite the fact that East Anglia is meant to be one of the drier parts of the country I seem to ride my wet weather bike a lot more than the summer one :cry: I'm often wishing it had disc brakes...
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    Sorry can't help with your question but just bought a Pickenflick from them, worst customer service I've experienced for a long time, pity really and not always been the case.
    Size charts on PlanetX not to be trusted in my opinion and please don't ask them to measure something it's beyond them.

I bought the Pickenflick then changed the size because a friend was able to tell me what PlanetX couldn't/wouldn't.
  • Octopus1
    Octopus1 Posts: 56
    Thanks I had read that thread before but not realised that it was update to reflect the hydraulic version.

I think I might have to bite the bullet for the hydraulic version.
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I have a medium PX London road. I'm 5'10 and have an inside leg of 31". Its a self build with an inline seatpost and a 110mm stem. Fits me just fine.