bigger than 25mm

Mark Alexander
Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
do I need da different set of wheels if going above 25mm tyres? I'm currently running Mavic Aksiums.
http://twitter.com/mgalex
www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business

Comments

• Mavic site should give you recommendations for what they think will be min and max for their rims
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Should be fine I've got a set of rubino pro tech 28s on mine although they only measure about 26 across
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    itboffin wrote:
    Should be fine I've got a set of rubino pro tech 28s on mine although they only measure about 26 across

How do you find them, ITB? I only got to ride my set on the Boardman CX which kinda overwhelmed the feel of the tyre at the Rapha HOTN. I need a similar tyre for the Rapha Prestige 200k (which also has off-road) and I'm trying to decide to use the Rubinos or my 27c Paves.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    As you know I used on the HOTN and they performed faultlessly comfortable at low pressure and rough varied terrain couldn't ask for more really.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.