Bibs for sticks

J273
J273 Posts: 382
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Im 6ft with a 30" waist with the skinniest legs ever. measuring 16" round 2" above the knee and have trouble finding bibs to fit without being too baggy around the bottom.

Does anyone else have the same problem finding bibs to fit the thighs? Can anyone recommend me any to try?

Many thanks

Comments

• paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    Rapha Pro Team bibs are very compressive around the thighs and I have found their sizing favours taller people. I take an XS in their bibs and they are bang on for me (172cm, 30"). They also do long leg versions for folk like you. I have two pairs of Assos bibs that I hardly wear now as they feel baggy around the thighs in comparison.

P
  • I tried on a selection of Rapha bib tights the other day in their outlet shop. Worth a trip as most of the bibs were around £90-£100, compared to a full price of £180ish. They also had loads of the smaller sizes.

I'm 6ft, around a 33in waist and found i needed an XL/XXL for the straps not to dig in. They do seem to focus on the slimmer rider and the Pro fit was even tighter!