Does my helmet fit?

monk3yshambl3s
monk3yshambl3s Posts: 4
edited May 2015 in MTB beginners
Hey everyone,

Recently brought a new lid and im kind of new to this so i dont know how its meant to look, or even if it fits me right. Worried about gaps at the side between my head and helmet. :?

If i post a picture would you be able to give me any guidance??

Lewis.

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    It would have come with instructions of how to fit it, there are several points of adjustment.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • robertpb wrote:
    It would have come with instructions of how to fit it, there are several points of adjustment.

The helmet itself feels tight and secure. It's just the look. It looks a gap between the helmet and my head.
    It's a bell super 2014 model. Not sure if these are just generally big? ?
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    It's not unusual for the shell not to fit flush to your skull, the stand off helps protect in an impact
  • Antm81 wrote:
    It's not unusual for the shell not to fit flush to your skull, the stand off helps protect in an impact

The helmet just looks way too big for my head.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looks OK to me the side padding is quite close, as long as it's not moving around on your noggin and is comfortable, it fits.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.