Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting chat

Boardman Q&A

asprillaasprilla Posts: 8,440
edited May 2015 in Commuting chat
Chris Boardman is in the office today for a Q&A. What does the hive mind want to ask?
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Posts

  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 52,666 Lives Here
    What is his biggest regret of his professional career as a cyclist? (as opposed to pundit cum bike seller)
  • timothywtimothyw Posts: 2,482
    It feels like the sort of thing he's probably fed up of answering, but I'd ask if he's annoyed (having set the hour record in the superman position and in a merckx style) that they've now moved the goalposts and all these young upstarts keep nibbling away at a record that should arguably still be his, or if he's happy that the event is getting the attention.
  • asprillaasprilla Posts: 8,440
    I was going to ask him how as investment in infrastructure increases we actually meet the challenge of building what cyclists need as opposed to what we generally currently get. The session ended before I got the chance.

    Ah well.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • rubertoerubertoe Posts: 3,993
    Does he want to buy my Boardman?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

    PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    asprilla wrote:
    The session ended before I got the chance.

    Ah well.
    Anything interesting said?
  • asprillaasprilla Posts: 8,440
    veronese68 wrote:
    asprilla wrote:
    The session ended before I got the chance.

    Ah well.
    Anything interesting said?

    Just stuff about businesses backing the call for more cycling and how cycling infrastructure can work. Generally a thank you that we are supporting the British Cycling push for improved cycling facilities in the UK.

    BC tweeted some pictures. Not many folks there due to meetings and such.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • magibobmagibob Posts: 203
    NM,./
  • The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,748
    asprilla wrote:
    Just stuff about businesses backing the call for more cycling and how cycling infrastructure can work.
    Or put cynically, the Cycling industry encouraging the government to make cycling more attractive so they can sell more bikes etc? And make more money?
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,619
    The Rookie wrote:
    asprilla wrote:
    Just stuff about businesses backing the call for more cycling and how cycling infrastructure can work.
    Or put cynically, the Cycling industry encouraging the government to make cycling more attractive so they can sell more bikes etc? And make more money?
    Surely building decent cycling infrastructure will make them more money than rubbish infrastructure?
Sign In or Register to comment.