Cyclescheme bike - Ribble R872

m14eyd
m14eyd Posts: 23
edited May 2015 in Your road bikes
Hi All

My first bike in 23 years, went with Ribble and have nothing but good things to say about them. The bike itself feels awesome, but then my comparison is to a 2006 Trek 6500 MTB that my friend let me use for the last 5 or so weeks, to get a tiny bit of fitness for the new bike arriving, after smoking for 23 years!

It's strange how you remember how you used to be able to ride all those years ago and try to replicate now, I even tried a club10 mile TT on the MTB - here it is if you want a giggle https://www.strava.com/activities/291208080

First pic of many, with the spec and more pics underneath;

acpj0n.jpg

Ribble R872 Carbon Road Frame 52.5cm C to top
Ribble R872 Carbon Road Forks 1 1/8"-1 1/2 ITS 45x45
Ribble R872 Headset 1 1/8 - 1 1/2 Hidden 45x45
Campagnolo 2015 Athena Black 11 Spd Double Groupset
Campagnolo Power Torque Outboard Cups (EPS Compatible) Eng
Campagnolo Skeleton Brakes Black
Campagnolo 11 Spd Chorus Cassette 12-27
Campagnolo 11 Spd Chorus Chain
Campagnolo Athena Black PT 11Spd Cset 175 39/53
Campagnolo Athena Black 11Spd Dble Front Gear Braze-on
Campagnolo Athena Black 11 Speed Rear Derailleur
Campagnolo Power Shift Ergos Double Athena Black Alloy 11Spd with cables
Campagnolo Pr Whls Khamsin ASY Clinch Bk 9/10/11 Camp 0135490
Deda RHM 01 Bars Black 42cm
Deda Zero 1 Stem Black 100mm
Trivio Headset Spacers Alloy 1 1/8" Black 10mm
Selle Italia X1 Flow Saddle Black
CSN Superleggera Alloy Seatpillar Black 31.6 400mm
Continental Ultra Sport 2 Rigid Tyre Black/Black 700x25mm
Yaw Butyl Inner Tube 700x18/25 LV52mm
Deda Cork Ribbon Handlebar Tape Black

Weight out of the box and built was (bathroom scales) 8.0kg, but then 8.7ish kg with the addition of pedals and aero bars.

Heavy maybe? but then I'm 5'11 and 14 and a half stone, so theres a good 2 and a half stone of weight saving to be made from the rider before looking at the bike!

As it came out the box;

2djct4y.jpg

There was a manual for everything :-)

2iuz3af.jpg

Handlebar angle - seems to be a point of contention for many, level to the hoods for me.

11u7mu1.jpg

Dropped the stem 20mm, RFLKT fits in nicely and also free 'upgrade' to carbon spacers from the paid for spec

2zg6puv.jpg

Its a saddle

25f0wtg.jpg

Another free upgrade to the G3 lacing pattern, yeah its only <10 quid difference but still nice of them to do

1621x74.jpg

Cranks with SPD-SL pedals

2s6wwug.jpg

rear mech

28mfyat.jpg

rear brake

6i6zwp.jpg

rear view

2u6jpf9.jpg

cockpit

10r94de.jpg

brake levers etc, not very aero!

sqgzl4.jpg

carbon finish seat tube

59veds.jpg

two tone finish under the stem, carbon and matt - hard to catch in a photo

2eugy0x.jpg

fork

2crm2rn.jpg

discreet logo, again the same two tone carbon/matt finish - flash brings it out, very hard to see normally

fwlzwj.jpg

and finally, on the wall where it lives so that I NEED to clean it after a ride

2e1bqlv.jpg

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Tyres and seatpost will get the weight down and smooth the ride.
    I would ditch the aero? bars unless you are actually riding a TT at the time; just too hideous to look at.
    Rest of the bike is sweet though, but I am biased.
    Tip: get a chain catcher (K-edge pro from wiggle £16.96) to save wrecking the chainstay if you ship the chain of the inside of the inner ring.
  • m14eyd
    m14eyd Posts: 23
    Tyres and seatpost will get the weight down and smooth the ride.
    I would ditch the aero? bars unless you are actually riding a TT at the time; just too hideous to look at.
    Rest of the bike is sweet though, but I am biased.
    Tip: get a chain catcher (K-edge pro from wiggle £16.96) to save wrecking the chainstay if you ship the chain of the inside of the inner ring.

biased because you have one? (edited bit - just corrolated your name to the other recent R872 post!)

Yeah the aero bars are on there for now so I can take every opportunity to try and get used to the position, and adjust it, for now my knees still bounce off my gut!

I was actually looking at chaincatchers on wiggle, that will be my next purchase along with a set of rollers :-)