2016 Caad10 News

mrpapapee
mrpapapee Posts: 5
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi Guys,

I am just new in this forum, i just wanna ask if you have any ideas/news or any thing related about 2016 Cannondale Caad10?
I'm planing to buy a Cadd10 but since its already mid-year now i'm hesitating if i will buy the 2015 or should i wait the 2016 model.

Thinking to buy the Force Race Edition or the equivalent in 2016 model if any.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Comments

• buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    If you want to cycle at all this summer I'd go with the 2015.

It's not going to be massively different, I don't think the frame will be going through any major revisions, you'll still have the same groupset options and it'll likely the same bog-standard wheels. You might save some money on a 2015 model when the 2016 models come out, but then if you're a common frame size (i.e. 54/56), chances are it won't be massive since it's already a popular bike.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I'd suspect it would just have some minor revisions to tube shape but be hybrid electronic/mechanical cable routing.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    Aero CAAD 10 anyone? I've heard a rumour.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    There is a CAAD10 Disc now available, I would imagine they will expand the range.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I reckon they'll aero-ify the Supersix, much easier with carbon. Possibly with the CAAD10?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • IShaggy
    If it's not aero and doesn't have 25mm tyres then it's not worth buying ;-)

The ally propel could be interesting for the racing wannabes (like me). Doubt they'll sell frameset only though.
  • IShaggy wrote:

The ally propel could be interesting for the racing wannabes (like me). Doubt they'll sell frameset only though.

I overtook a lot of people on Aero bikes in Spain last week, especially up hills.

Do you think it was the 25mm tyres?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy wrote:

I overtook a lot of people on Aero bikes in Spain last week, especially up hills.

Do you think it was the 25mm tyres?

They must have been running 23s. Is your bike red?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Comes with a free garmin edge now
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I've heard the CAAD11 happens this year, and a new Evo at the TDF.
  • mrpapapee
    mrpapapee Posts: 5
    Thanks for the replies guy's,

Well not particularly summer, summer is actually ending so fast in Manila.
    save some money on 2015 is a good reason, i just gonna wait the 2016 and will compare which is reasonable to buy and Price is a big factor here since you guys knows only minor revision on 2016 model,

by the way guys, do you have any idea on when will be the resease date of 2016 model?
    i know no dates yet but base on the released date of 2014 and 2015.
    or shouls i post this in a new sub-furom?
  • mrpapapee wrote:
    by the way guys, do you have any idea on when will be the resease date of 2016 model?
    i know no dates yet but base on the released date of 2014 and 2015.
    or shouls i post this in a new sub-furom?

When it's ready. More time waiting is less time riding. Don't expect anything radically different in the next bike - it'll be some aluminium tubes welded together, coupled with a decent Shimano/SRAM groupset and some fairly basic wheels.