Manky Monday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
edited May 2015 in The bottom bracket
At least that's how my downhilling wounds were charitably described by Stropteen, but they have at least scabbed over now :)

Work has been pretty unremarkable but I've at least managed to book our summer hols and we're off to Barcelona - or at least a place with a beach near to Barcelona. Thanks for the tips those of you who chipped in on the the other week. Doing some city stuff be a good way of breaking up a week of sitting on my arris by the pool which is pointless for a sun dodger like me.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Some of us are Mancy every day 8)
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Evening all, bit of a daft day at work and I had to deal with more idiots than usual. Favourites were the guy that wanted me to send him something and was trying to get off the phone before telling me who he was, where he lived or how he was going to pay for it. Prize wally was the guy that walked into the shop with his MOT failure sheet asking for what to buy to put it right. First on the list was "lights not working". Where do you start with idiots that can't think for themselves?
    Glorious ride home in the sunshine made things a lot better, not coughing too much either.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    City Boy wrote:

:shock:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manc

I'd ask which description you think best describes you :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • city_boy
    Slowmart wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

:shock:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manc

I'd ask which description you think best describes you :wink:

:lol:

I'm going for number 7, but there may be elements of truth in some of the others :P

As with any ethnic group there are good and bad. On behalf of all decent Mancs I would respectfully ask that you don't use Manc33 as your benchmark :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    On behalf of all decent Mancs I would respectfully ask that you don't use Manc33 as your benchmark :wink:
    Surely it's easier to name them rather than going to the trouble of saying 'all' :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    On behalf of all decent Mancs I would respectfully ask that you don't use Manc33 as your benchmark :wink:
    Surely it's easier to name them rather than going to the trouble of saying 'all' :wink:

What? Both of them?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Evening all. Woss goin on ere then?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    RTFT you lazy so and so :wink: I've just booked a summer holiday near Barcelona 8)
  • city_boy
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

What? Both of them?

Noel and I are most impressed with the razor sharp wit displayed on this thread :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    RTFT you lazy so and so :wink: I've just booked a summer holiday near Barcelona 8)

Calm down calm down, it's only a holiday in Barcelona - when there is no footy on!

God forbid. you wouldn't want to watch a team that play exciting footy and win would you?

{Cue some silly comment about Arsenal playing exciting footy and loosing and Chelski playing boring footy and winning... yawn]
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

What? Both of them?

Noel and I are most impressed with the razor sharp wit displayed on this thread :D
    This sounds like a bar set so low that Mini-Me would struggle to Limbo dance underneath it :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Calm down calm down, it's only a holiday in Barcelona - when there is no footy on!

God forbid. you wouldn't want to watch a team that play exciting footy and win would you?

{Cue some silly comment about Arsenal playing exciting footy and loosing and Chelski playing boring footy and winning... yawn]
    It's near Barcelona, not in it. Some place called Costa Cunit - which I really hope lives up to it's name :P
  • pinno
    Well, here's my prediction. It relies (and you don't want to anyway) on not mentioning 'El Corte Ingles'.

Both the OH and stropteen will end up there and you will be doing overtime after the holiday for the rest of this Tory parliament.
  • Stevo_666
    Well, here's my prediction. It relies (and you don't want to anyway) on not mentioning 'El Corte Ingles'.

Both the OH and stropteen will end up there and you will be doing overtime after the holiday for the rest of this Tory parliament.
    Nah, I'll pay for it out my reduced tax bill :wink:

I know the chain, I went into the Madrid branch on Paseo Castellana a few years back. Think I can keep them on the architecture/arty stuff/food for the couple of days that we plan to be in town...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nah, I'll pay for it out my reduced tax bill :wink:

I know the chain, I went into the Madrid branch on Paseo Castellana a few years back. Think I can keep them on the architecture/arty stuff/food for the couple of days that we plan to be in town...

Good luck. Women turn strangely ferrous and these places are magnetic.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Work meh followed by a jolly with lots of Welsh rugby types - completely lost on me