first fitness bike suggestion

payback123
payback123 Posts: 3
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
hello i want to buy a fitness bike is my first bike my budget is 350,400 Euro
i read good reviews about SPECIALIZED SIRRUS 2015 what is your opinion for this bike ??
ty

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    All specialized bikes are good. Go for it! Make sure you get the right size.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • payback123
    payback123 Posts: 3
    NapoleonD wrote:

how i will know what size i need ??
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    payback123 wrote:
    hello i want to buy a fitness bike is my first bike my budget is 350,400 Euro
    i read good reviews about SPECIALIZED SIRRUS 2015 what is your opinion for this bike ??
    ty
    I notice the Sirrus is a flat bar bike. That's probably not a bad idea if you plan to do mostly short rides in urban areas with a lot of traffic and junctions. However if you plan to do longer rides I'd suggest giving serious consideration to a bike with drop bars such as either a road bike or a cyclocross bike. Many people who haven't ridden them before are a little nervous of drop bars or don't think there's a point unless you want to race but the reality is they're just more comfortable on longer rides! Drop bars give you a variety of hand positions which helps keep you comfortable when you're on the bike for more than half an hour. A lot of people also think you're supposed to be in the "drops" most of the time, i.e. the lowest hand position down in the U shaped part of the handlebars, and think that looks a bit extreme. On the contrary you ride a drop bar bike on the "hoods" most of the time which is much more upright. This is with your hands on the back of the brake/gear lever assemblies on top of the handlebar.
    Again, a flat bar bike may be right for you but almost everyone who tries both ends up preferring drop bars.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    payback123 wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

how i will know what size i need ??

By speaking to the shop and trying one :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    The what size thing is not simple and you can fill a forum with it.

As above if you're looking to get into cycling for fitness consider a road or CX bike rather than a hybrid as a lot of people get flat bars first then change pretty quickly; I did!