Endura FS-260 pro II bib shorts

englander
englander Posts: 232
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
The originals are very highly regarded medium priced bib shorts, indeed I have a pair myself. I was looking to purchase a second pair for the summer, but I see that there is a new updated version.

I was just wondering if anyone had tried it out, and would be able to offer feedback on it in comparison to the originals.

New version here: http://www.freeborn.co.uk/endura-fs260- ... oCTYPw_wcB
Specialized Allez 2010
Strava

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I too have a pair of the original FS260 Pros, did a 160 mile ride last summer but still find my backside aching a bit after 80 or so miles. Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a pair of Assos Cento S7 shorts which have a really good pad. They cost the thick end of £200, but for rides > 100 miles, it would be nice not to have my backside aching.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • englander
    drlodge wrote:
    I too have a pair of the original FS260 Pros, did a 160 mile ride last summer but still find my backside aching a bit after 80 or so miles. Think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a pair of Assos Cento S7 shorts which have a really good pad. They cost the thick end of £200, but for rides > 100 miles, it would be nice not to have my backside aching.

I, too wouldn't mind a pair of Assos shorts, but the sub £80 price bracket is my limit. Plus, I have an excellent Brooks C15 which I'm finding helps on longer rides, too.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • JC180
    JC180 Posts: 9
    I splashed out £160 on Assos S7 Equipe bibs and they are the most uncomfortable things I've put on.

The straps are hideous and the back panel irritates my back, even on the Kickr indoors after an hour the crotch seams are digging in and my arse aches.

My Sanremo Thermosuit is the most comfortable thing I've worn, speedsuit with bodypaint shorts compress my crotch a little too much and the pad doesn't sit correctly, my Velocissimo Due bibs with the Kiss insert are actually quite good but the Assos ones are a massive let down.

I've ordered the Endura FS260 Pro SL and they'll be here tomorrow. Expensive business!
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    Just goes to show how different people are. My S7 Equipes are the most comfortable shorts i own. They are my go to shorts for long rides. Not tried endura though
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My two penneth is that the enduras (original) have a nice pad but questionable fit, but my S5's are sublime.
    If the enduras fit then they are a good buy, but you still need a very decent pair for long or multiple days riding.
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    I have to laugh sometimes at how people expect a review from others about shorts will work for them.

Everyone is different and very few people will prefer the same things.

I really do think that the only way you will know if shorts are comfy is to try them.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • englander
    I have to laugh sometimes at how people expect a review from others about shorts will work for them.

Everyone is different and very few people will prefer the same things.

I really do think that the only way you will know if shorts are comfy is to try them.

Well, I know that I like the V1s, but I have limited information on the V2s - I want to know the difference so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had directly compared them. Wasn't really intended to provide you with amusement. So far all I've learnt so far is that I either definitely should or definitely should not get a pair of Assos S7s...
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Which kind of proves the point B'nG is making....
  • englander
    rafletcher wrote:
    Which kind of proves the point B'nG is making....

But I'm not asking about the difference between Endura and Assos nor am I particularly interested in who finds what version of Assos works best for them. I'm simply trying to ascertain the difference between Endura FS260 Pro V1 and Endura FS260 Pro V2 and should anyone have first hand experience then that is even better.

Please can we keep it to that topic from now on.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava