Overshoes

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Got the squelchy and cold feet again in a race yesterday. Was looking for a set of inexpensive (C£20) rain overshoes that might at least keep some of the spray off for a while in our lovely summer weather.
I've used endura ones before but the zip kept coming down at the back and became a real pain trying to zip them back up, especially in a bunch!

Comments

• Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    Just in case you have feet the size of boats, check Wiggle for the Castelli Diluvio. I got mine for £10.50! Best I've had.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-diluvio-16-overshoes/
  • Sussed out
    Sussed out Posts: 189
    Velotoze - http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/VeloTo ... Cover/6FJV

£15. Not the most robust, a bugger to get on but worth it for racing or riding in the rain
  • ptlk66
    ptlk66 Posts: 52
    I got the Velotoze from Dooleys in Paisley for £13. They will be ideal for wet summer riding, no insulation though, like you fed up of rear zips breaking, went through two pairs over the winter.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    I got a pair of Pearl Izumi WXB in Billy Bilsland's about 3 years ago and they're still going strong. They are smooth and close fitting with a double velcro fastening system that's dead easy to use. The are my go to light shoe cover when it's not too cold.
  • If they're for racing, then I'd 2nd the Velotoze option- very minimal and will keep your feet dry.... HOWEVER, your feet will sweat in them so will end up damp anyway, BUT they'll be warm...

Care note: don't leave them in your kit bag after a race. I did, and they were kinda all stuck together like a used condominium :roll: Rinse them, dry them and dust in talc to keep them nice and aid getting them on next time.

(yes, they are a bit of a faff, but if youre going to wear o/shoes in a race, they take some beating...)
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Thanks, I got a set of Craft Rain booties that seem a good fit and hopefully do the trick for the spring/ autumn racing and the summer spray too.