Front light recommendation please

carl_p
carl_p Posts: 989
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm possibly doing the Dunwich Dynamo so need a light that's going to give good visibility and hopefully last the distance. Preferably under £100. Any recommendations?
Specialized Venge S Works
Cannondale Synapse
Enigma Etape
Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...

Comments

• carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    I think we're probably talking around 5 hours at least.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    Go over to MTB Buying a Forum and have a look at the big lights thread - those guys know all there is to know about bike lights. If you are ok with getting non big bike manufacturer named lights (ie not caterer, lezyne, hope or the like) you can get what you need for about £50 or so easily.
  • bob6397
    bob6397 Posts: 218
    Solarstorm X2 - with a spare battery just in case.

Awesomely bright (I use an X3 on my bike and an X2 on my helmet when I go MTBing in pitchblack and it's like daylight) and they are really cheap - you could buy 5 for £100.. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solarstorm-62 ... 46396492a1

It says "6200lm" - it is actually around 1800. But that's still plenty. Mine last around 6 hrs on a charge, and I carry a spare battery as well - the x3 uses more power than the x2, unsurprisingly..

I can recommend them - I love them, they are well made and are crazy-bright for the price. I would get a spare battery though, just in case. They are only about £10 after all..

bob6397
    Boardman HT Team - Hardtail
    Rose Pro-SL 2000 - Roadie