castelli san remo thermosuit sizing

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited December 2015 in Road buying advice
Evans are doing these at a good price at the moment. Can any owners comment on sizing? I tend to go large in Castelli bottoms and medium in their jerseys. I went for a large in the summer Short velocissimo version but the top is a little big on me. I'm 37.5" chest, 33" waist and just under 5'9" tall. So, medium or Large in the Thermosuit? cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Either will fit fine. There's plenty of stretch.

Medium for a racier tighter fit.

Large if you want it a bit looser.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • luv2ride
    thanks for the advice. However, I went for one of these instead as managed to convince myself that I already own decent kit which already does what the Thermosuit does (although have coveted one for ages so may still buckle at the bargain price!):

image.jpg1_zps8gicubf8.jpg
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Quick update on San Remo 2 Thermosuit sizing, in case others are considering a purchase (Evans still doing them at a good discount). I'm just under 5'9, 37.5" chest and 33" ish waist (current emphasis on the "ish" :oops:)

I ordered both the medium and large. Medium is very snug, but comfortable, large is just a tad too big (arms too long). Notable that the fit of the medium Sorpasso bottoms are identical in fit to my size large Sportful R&D bib tights. That said, the lack of bib straps on the Thermosuit makes it very comfortable. Slightly disappointed that the top doesn't seem to offer anything over the mk1 Gabba I have, save for a slightly higher neck, and closer fit pockets. So the large is going back, but I'm still undecided on the medium. For the price £116 less 6% cashback it is great value and would allow me to rotate kit easily day to day, but it is probably duplicating kit I already have.

As for the San Remo Cross suit, I also ordered that in a large but almost couldn't get into it! Really disappointed as I loved the concept of Bodypaint shorts and a thermal fleece lined 3/4 sleeve top. Great quality item, with clever vented material under the arms. However, I think I'd be XL in that and I can't find any at a good price, so will be patient and keep my eyes open for one on sale at some point.
  • Interested to see this thread. Decided to buy a Thermosuit 2 as a Xmas present to myself, but having got it I'm not sure about the sizing.

I'm a similar size to the OP, if a shade smaller, but the suit just seems too tight and maybe a touch short in the legs and trunk. From the sound of it, the large will be too big. Anyone with any experience of sizing it?
  • luv2ride
    I reckon you should be good with a medium, if slightly smaller than me. I've been using mine a lot lately and it's quickly becoming a favourite bit of kit. It's tight on, but not "can't breathe" tight if you know what I mean. Just feels "aero", but ultimately the most comfy winter kit I own.