Anthem X2 2013 vs Trance x2 2011

kinioo
kinioo Posts: 776
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
Evening All,

As I am pulling a trigger on a new bike this week dont know which one - I have two options now:

a) Anthem X2 2013 - new from Pauls Cycles - now for about 950quid

or

b) Giant Trance X2 2011 - second hand but in very good condition for 650quid

What would you go for guys ??

I tried both, both feel OK but would like your thoughts which would be a better deal ??

Thank you.

Comments

• kinioo
    Anybody please, as I need to let the fella know today !
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    There's probably not a huge amount in it. The head angle on the Trance is the same as the latest Anthem (shows just how much slacker they are now) so should be a good all round bike, but so will the Anthem.

Spec wise looks like there's very little in it too, not sure how the fox fork stacks up against the reba on the anthem but it's not ctd so that's a help.

Personally if it's in good condition I'd go for the Trance and save myself £300 for any future upgrades.
  • kinioo
    Antm81 wrote:
    There's probably not a huge amount in it. The head angle on the Trance is the same as the latest Anthem (shows just how much slacker they are now) so should be a good all round bike, but so will the Anthem.

Spec wise looks like there's very little in it too, not sure how the fox fork stacks up against the reba on the anthem but it's not ctd so that's a help.

Personally if it's in good condition I'd go for the Trance and save myself £300 for any future upgrades.

Great - many thanks!

Dont know if 2011 Trance X2 is worth 650quid (as said its in very good nick but you never know if i.e. the forks have been serviced etc?).

Also its a second hand bike and 3years old...for say 'same' money (500cash and rest on 0% finance) I can get 2013 Anthem but brand new (with warranty etc.)....

Jeez....
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Having owned both I would have the Anthem. There's very little between them to ride but the Anthem has the better fork and is new. For an extra £300 I would have a new bike over a four year old one.
    Both are great bikes.
  • kinioo
    Thank you all - Anthem ordered !!