sworks toupe or selle italia slr team edition

skeff10
skeff10 Posts: 93
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
Both are superlight, flat shape with carbon rails. Anyone with any experience? Or views appreciated

Comments

• turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    I have the s-works toupe

It comes in different widths (3?), and if you're thinking of getting one I'd strongly recommend trying more than one size and / or getting your sit bone measured to see which is most suitable. It has very little padding which I don't think is a problem in itself but only if it's the right shape for your bum. Personally I'm really happy with it but they're both expensive saddles so like I say, make sure it's right for you. People here may say they love or loath various saddles but it might have little relevance to your own experiences.

Also you may want to check the width of the rails. I run mine with an spesh seat post but I think they're a different width to more 'standard' rails. Good luck!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I have a Toupe Pro on one of my bikes and I think it's very comfortable, despite the lack of padding. I don't even notice it. However, I find that it's very sensitive with regards to angle, but that could just be me.

I had a Selle Italia SLR XP before and absolutely hated it. Felt slippy and the shape didn't support or locate me at all.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    DKay wrote:
    I have a Toupe Pro on one of my bikes and I think it's very comfortable, despite the lack of padding. I don't even notice it. However, I find that it's very sensitive with regards to angle, but that could just be me.

I had a Selle Italia SLR XP before and absolutely hated it. Felt slippy and the shape didn't support or locate me at all.

The Toupe Pro is nowhere near as extreme in terms of lack of padding as the S Works variant. Completely agree with you about how sensitive they are re angle. Also agree with the previous poster that it's vital you try before you buy. I didn't and have one sitting gathering dust - simply far too hard for my backside to stay in contact with for any length of ride. Can't comment on the slr - no experience of it.

Peter